Spirits for cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many years ago a lady brought me a small bottle of Thunderbird as a joke. It was the first time she was over for a dinner, and she didn't want to bring a normal bottle of wine, since she had heard about all the wine that I had. She figured I'd get a laugh from that, and it worked!

One day Scott found a gallon jug of wine downstairs in the community room kitchen. It contained about a quarter amount of homemade wine. He didn't realize what it was. No label on the jug, but you could smell it. I told him, sure, have it with your supper. It was a white wine. And that is what he enjoys the most. You could keep the red wine.

He killed the bottled that night. About two glasses full. The next morning he had the hangover of all hangovers. His ex FIL used to make home made Italian wine all the time. Scott knew what it could do to you the next day, and he stopped drinking it when offered to him.

When he started to complain to me about his hangover, I started to laugh real hard. I told him it was homemade. "Why didn't you tell me? I knew that one of the residents made it all the time and kept it downstairs in the kitchen for anyone who might want to drink some. He had been doing it for years, every since he moved into this building. Everyone knew about it. Scott stuck to buying store wine from that day on. And I had no objection. One glass of wine each night with his supper was always his limit. It was the start of my turning around regarding my feelings of having alcohol in my home at any time. Scott never felt he had to get drunk when he was drinking.

Many years ago a lady brought me a small bottle of Thunderbird as a joke. It was the first time she was over for a dinner, and she didn't want to bring a normal bottle of wine, since she had heard about all the wine that I had. She figured I'd get a laugh from that, and it worked!

That is how "Cold Duck" started out with my oldest brother (RIP) at Thanks Giving. Now I try to honor his choice on T-Day. Its not actually that bad.:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom