St. Patrick's Day Drinks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Green Milk we used to have as kids, simple add a drop of green food colorant to a carton of milk, shake a little and away you go :)

Fluorescein Vodka is good too, I`ve made it in the Lab a few times, it Glows like something insanely radioactive esp in sunlight or a UV Blacklight, and beacuse you only need a few micro grams per litre you can`t taste it at all (it`s perfectly harmless at 1000 times that amount anyway).

good ideas so far...

Thanks for the ideas so far... not sure what Bushmills is, and the glowing drink idea sounds intriguing too.

Still looking for some good mixed drinks perhaps? We've got some Irish drinkers in my fam!!

Thanks,
Lori

YT2095 said:
Fluorescein Vodka is good too, I`ve made it in the Lab a few times, it Glows like something insanely radioactive esp in sunlight or a UV Blacklight, and beacuse you only need a few micro grams per litre you can`t taste it at all (it`s perfectly harmless at 1000 times that amount anyway).

must have this recipe, YT. I have a few drinking friends to flip out.

Bailey's Irish Cream! There are all kinds of great drinks you can make with it, but it allso makes a darned good shot!

And then there's green beer...

what about a shandy? its half beer and half lemonade.

Also, don't forget about hard cider. When I was in Ireland the Bulmer's did me in. One barkeep told me she would only serve me 2 Bulmer's because it was "lunatic soup". Its a very strong Irish cider.

Shandy

Toots said:
what about a shandy? its half beer and half lemonade.

Also, don't forget about hard cider. When I was in Ireland the Bulmer's did me in. One barkeep told me she would only serve me 2 Bulmer's because it was "lunatic soup". Its a very strong Irish cider.

LOVE the shandy idea. I'll have to try that one.

THANKS!

Lori

The Irish Cream would be very nice...nice indeed!:rolleyes:

However: I think I'll have Wild Turkey Rare Breed out of a Green brandy snifter! Yep that'll do it!;)

SDRecipeGirl said:
Thanks for the ideas so far... not sure what Bushmills is, and the glowing drink idea sounds intriguing too.

Still looking for some good mixed drinks perhaps? We've got some Irish drinkers in my fam!!

Thanks,
Lori

Hi Lori,

Maybe it would help if you could be a little more specific.

Do you want drinks that are "traditionally Irish"? In that case, I am not sure how many mixed drinks are in that category, other than those using ingredients that have been mentioned.

Do you want GREEN drinks?

Or do you just want mixed drinks that are maybe a bit unusual and taste good?

Lee

Irish Drinks

I like the ideas that are coming through so far. Just was wondering about some fun mixed drink ideas... Irish Martini, Irish Manhattan, Irish Cosmo... ???? Are there such things? They do not need to be green :)

Lori

You could serve Irish whiskeys - Jamesons brand, etc. I like Jamesons on the rocks. I'm sure others will be along with more ideas....

Oooh, the great day is on a Saturday this year, did not know that.

Great day for a party.

There is always Irish Mist, a tasty drink.

You can go to the webwite, as well as to the website of other Irish drinks, like Brailey's, for recipe ideas.

There is always the Black Velvet. Take a tall glass, fill to half with ice cold stout (such as Guiness) and then pour in cold champagne carefully so as not to mix the two.

Good to get you started on the Sunday morn after St. Patty's day. Along with a fine Irish breakfast.

Guiness is too heavy for many (including often me) but can alwys serve 'arf 'n 'arf, half Guiness and half beer.

Am not Irish but the Celt in me (part Scottish and often part Scotch) gives me a fondness for the folk.

Think there are many fun things you can do with food, even appetizers for that day. but I guess that is another thread.

Anyway, enjoy.

Irish Drinks

Lee- what a great idea with the website recommendation. That looks like a good place to start for what I'm looking for. I should be able to get everyone good and drunk on St. Patty's Day this year! Off to plan the menu...

Best,
Lori

Back
Top Bottom