Summer time cooler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ask-A-Butcher

Senior Cook
I know, I know, it's a little early for some of you, but here in SWFLA it's practically been summer all winter :rolleyes:

AAB's Summertime Cooler

Into a blender mix*:

2 cups, cubed, seedless watermelon (the riper the better)
½ cup apple juice
¼ cup Key Lime juice (or lemon juice)
2 TBS honey (or simple syrup)
4 oz light rum
2 oz peach schnapps

Blend well; pour into two TALL glasses with ice cubes.

img_544088_0_1ca258d70e38325d24193e9eaa8ab5d0.jpg

* feel free to adjust the amounts to your liking

Last edited:
Sounds tasty... here is a simple summer cooler thats mighty fine..

Snapple pink lemonade and coconut rum.... Just pop a shot in a tall glass with ice, fill with the lemonade.

We once went to a company X-Mas party at a 5 star restaurant downtown called The Gordon. The company paid for an open bar (good thing we have a strong public transportation system here!), and the VP introduced me to Midouri Sours.
I have bought the liquor and tried a dozen or so different recipes but have never been able to duplicate it.
I remember it was greenish/bluish with a little yellow in it as well. I really loved em, too much that night anyway ;) Even bought a shaker to make better mixed drinks.

Still bummed I can't duplicate it...

Seeded watermelon = you remove the seeds
Seedless watermelon = you still remove some seeds! :LOL:

THIS sounds great - will keep it in mind for cooler weather!

Seeded watermelon = you remove the seeds
Seedless watermelon = you still remove some seeds! :LOL:

THIS sounds great - will keep it in mind for cooler weather!

Um, 'round here seedless means you just munch thru those little white ones still left in it!:LOL:

We once went to a company X-Mas party at a 5 star restaurant downtown called The Gordon. The company paid for an open bar (good thing we have a strong public transportation system here!), and the VP introduced me to Midouri Sours.
I have bought the liquor and tried a dozen or so different recipes but have never been able to duplicate it.
I remember it was greenish/bluish with a little yellow in it as well. I really loved em, too much that night anyway ;) Even bought a shaker to make better mixed drinks.

Still bummed I can't duplicate it...
Sounds like it had some Blue Curacao in it.. Many tropical drinks use it..

Sounds great. For me it's Pimms & lemonade....

I love using Pimm's for punch, too. I saw Jamie Oliver make one once and I use it every time I have to take a punch to a catered party, or any time I have one! People always ask for the recipe. It's so easy:

Combine:
1 carton Simply Lemonade
4 bottles Ginger Beer
1 bottle Pimm's
Citrus Vodka (My own twist to kick it up)
Large bunch fresh mint
Peel of 2-3 oranges
Sliced Strawberries
1 Cucumber sliced lengthwise on a Mandoline

Let sit in fridge for 1 hour for flavors to develop (not too good if you drink it right away, and if it steeps too long it gets soggy).

Fill glasses with ribbons of cukes and fruit over ice for visual impact!

Back
Top Bottom