Taxlady's Margarita recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is probably my favourite cocktail.

This is how I make them.

Optional: Prepare glasses

Pour some salt onto some waxed paper.
Wet the rim of a glass with lemon or lime juice.
Turn the glass upside down and put it on the salt.
With a circular motion, move the glass around in the salt until the rim is coated in salt.

If you like your Margaritas very cold, chill the glass by filling it with crushed ice and water. Empty the glasses right before pouring the Margaritas.

Put the following in the top of a cocktail shaker or in a glass:

4 parts tequila
2 parts triple sec*
1/2 part lime juice
1/2 part lemon juice

Put ice cubes in the cocktail shaker.

Pour the liquids into the shaker. Put the top on the shaker. Shake. Strain the Margarita into glasses.

* If you want a slightly smoother Margarita, use Cointreau as your triple sec. We prefer the generic triple sec. It has a little more "bite".

Here's a somewhat fuzzy photo of Margaritas and ABTs that I made last March.

33814-albums983-picture5808.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tax Lady - can you share your ABT recipe?
Sure. It's traditional to use little smokies, but I haven't seen them here. I use Italian sausage, that has been taken out of the casing. Either fry it up loose, or shape into little sausages and cook them.

I cut jalapenos in half and remove seeds and membrane. I stuff the sausage into the peppers, cover with a mix of grated cheddar and cream cheese or quark and really mash it down to try to get rid of air pockets. Then I wrap them in bacon. Thick cut bacon does not work as well for this as regular or thin sliced bacon. I try to wrap them so they don't need toothpicks to stay shut, but that doesn't always work. Then I put them in the oven at 350°, until the bacon is well done.

Note, the cheddar could be swapped out with some other cheese or left out completely.

Back
Top Bottom