Tequila drinks - What's your favorite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oppose

Cook
hey everyone, well my favorite comedy is coming on in an hour (its always sunny in philadelphia) and ive got some silver patron to play with. when im on vacation i was partial to tequila sunrises (just as good coming up as going down). anyone know how to make one? whats your favorite tequila drink and how do you make it?

well guys i went with marguita. i think god agrees with my choice cuz i just bumped into this girl who i had class with last semester and long story short, i got the digits. i got the triple sec and the marguita mix too. do i need the lime juice? im gonna assume i do so i guess ill hit the store real quick again. oh and how exactly do i make this? ive only seen it once at a bar lol. i do have a blender.

if you already have margarita mixer do you have to put the triple sec in also?

well guys i went with marguita. i think god agrees with my choice cuz i just bumped into this girl who i had class with last semester and long story short, i got the digits. i got the triple sec and the marguita mix too. do i need the lime juice? im gonna assume i do so i guess ill hit the store real quick again. oh and how exactly do i make this? ive only seen it once at a bar lol. i do have a blender.
:)Depends on the recipe.A real recipe involves lime juice,triple sec,sweet and sour and the tequila, a mix is supposed to have all you need.But I know someone here can give you a great recipe.Bottom line its the tequila that is the most important

Easy Recipe-

5 parts Lime mix
5 parts tequila
3 parts triple sec

Lately I've been buying this Cuervo Oranjo, and cut back my lime mix to 4 parts.

The key to the above recipeis finding some really great lime mix. My favorite is Collins Bar Lime, though I haven't seen it in forever, I don't know if they make it anymore. The lime mix should be more sour than sweet. Once thing I definitely don't like is a margarita with too much sugar.

For strawberry margaritas, thaw some frozen strawberris (the kind in sugar), and simply puree equal parts tequila and strawberries. That's your mix. When you're ready to serve, simply combine with ice in a blender.

Easy Recipe-

5 parts Lime mix
5 parts tequila
3 parts triple sec

Don't forget the ice and salt ;) My margarita must be on the rocks with salt around the rim of the glass. And I read, somewhere on this board, I think, that you should only use tequila made from 100% agave. It's the fillers that cause headaches the day after.

Marguerita--3 parts Patron Gold, 1 part each Cointreau (or Grand Marnier) and fresh lime juice. Shake with ice and strain into a salt-rimmed martini glass.

3 parts Tequila
1 part Triple Sec

Over ice in a salt rimmed glass. The first one may be a bit rough if you do not really like the taste tequila but the next one much better. ;-)

If I had the money I would purchase Hussongs Reposado. Not sure what Reposado means but I am fairly sure it is a type of tequila. Patrone Silver would be a close second for the drink above.

Blanco is white tequila, aged less than 3 months. Reposado is rested 3 months to a year. Anejo is aged for over 1 year. And now there is extra anejo, aged for over 3 years. Tequila is aged in oak casks and gets the color form this aging. Always look for 100% agave. My wife and I were in Mexico in October and Met an gentleman from the town of Tequila. He gave us a short lesson on tequila. He also told us they keep the good stuff down there.
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom