Thai Wines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I had lunch at a Thai restaurant today. On the table was a placard for a line of Thai wines. The name was Monsoon Bay, I think.

Anyone know about this stuff?

ironchef, are you there?

I've never heard of Thai wines. I did a quick search on Google but did not see any results. Did you actually try the wine to see what it tasted like? Knowing how the climate is in Thailand, I would guess that the wines would be low in acidity with a high sugar content and lots of fruit.

I did not try the wine. I'm just curious about it and if it's any good.

I could be off with the name. Monsoon was the first part but not sure of the second word

Here's what I've found:

"The next generation of wine from Siam Winery was Monsoon Valley, remained faithful to the original philosophy but creating three very distinctive wines. The Monsoon Valley White is a fresh dry wine made from Malaga Blanc grapes. The Red is made from 70% Pok Dum or Black Queen grapes and 30% Shiraz. The rose is produced from a blend of Pok Dum and Malaga Blanc. These are Thai wines made from Thai grapes to go with Thai food, a totally Thai product. Although the Gregorian calendar is widely used in Thailand, a conscious decision was made to put the Thai (Buddhist Era) year on the bottle."

I found it at this site.

Back
Top Bottom