The many uses of Vodka

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"8 - Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores. "

Tried that one morning then got fired for showing up to work smelling drunk.

I will not talk to whether or not these things work, but aside from the ones where you ingest or put it in your mouth why would you want to waste vodka on these things. It seems that it is the alcohol that most of these cures are based on so why not use rubbing alcohol which is much less expensive?

Stop wasting the vodka and pass it over here already.. PS the last time I mixed vodka and bathing there was an ambulance involved:ohmy::ROFLMAO:

At least now I know what to do with the three bottles of vodka I have in the freezer... LOL. I think it would be best to just drink it then try these out with the leftover, might be pretty amusing...

i need some vodka.

does it seem weird to anyone else that the weather channel is nearly constantly playing an episode of "how weather changed history", and instead of talking about the miraculous decision to invade normandy during a short break in the normally rough seas of early june across the channel, rather they're repeating the story about how the bad winter of '44 caused such agony in the battle of the bulge?

do meterologists ever get out and look up at the sky? do they know it's hot out?

ok, how about some skyy vodka, to keep on topic.

i also lean toward the internal rather than the external uses for vodka. I was inspired by past discussions on this forum for making your own vanilla, and I presently have 25 vanilla beans living in about a half gallon of vodka..let's see...have about another 20 months to go on this experiment. I make my own echinachea tincture and cheap vodka is my perferred carrier. Can't say I've ever used it in a drink:wacko::ROFLMAO:

Jillb, the science behind it is that it sooths my conscience. Plus, I don't like to drink alone! HA!
No really, I was told many years ago to put any white alcohol in the water - rum, vodka, and it relaxes the lobster. But I was also told to put it in the freezer about 5 minutes before cooking, as it kind of puts them asleep and relaxes them.
Who knows.
I don't want to NOT do it and have the creature scream the next time - more superstition than anything?

Hey folks, some help here.....Any Science To This???​

Jillb, the science behind it is that it sooths my conscience. Plus, I don't like to drink alone! HA!

No really, I was told many years ago to put any white alcohol in the water - rum, vodka, and it relaxes the lobster. But I was also told to put it in the freezer about 5 minutes before cooking, as it kind of puts them asleep and relaxes them.
Who knows.
I don't want to NOT do it and have the creature scream the next time - more superstition than anything?​

Hey folks, some help here.....Any Science To This???​

So it's anesthetic?

Back
Top Bottom