Tomorrow is the 3rd Thursday of November...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronjohn55

Head Chef
It's Beaujolais Nouveau day!

It's kind of a gimmicky wine, but it's light, fruity, and fun to keep a few bottles around for a while. It's a good all purpose, affordable, broad appeal wine for the Holidays.

Although it's a red, it isn't one you want to age for too long. (This usually isn't an issue at our house, anyways...)

Anybody going to pick some up?

John

yep!

even though it is a completely made up event, to boost the new vintage's sales, i am looking forward to the nice, light, fruity, adult beverage.

i hate to say it, but it is almost an americanized idea. making up a holiday to raise interest in, and therefore the sales of a product. how low the french have sunk... sacre bleu!

the only one i've ever tried was louis jadot.
it's very cheap, at about 6 bucks a bottle.

The one by Georges Duboeuf is probably the most widely available.

We usually just grab a few bottles of 2 or 3 different brands, just to see if they're any different.

John

This is a gluggable affordable wine with a long tradition in Burgundy using carbonic maceration which is leaving the grapes whole giving a fruity and low tanin wine during fermentation.Just buy the stuff and drink it with friends,the french don't get into the pomp and ceremony,so why should we,just slurp away and enjoy,I know I do.

Back
Top Bottom