Two of my favorite red wines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Home chef

Senior Cook
The wife and I went to the Ozarks a couple of years ago and toured the Stone Hill Winery. While the tour was typical run of the mill the wine was fantastic! The two reds that we absolutely fell in love with we now buy by the case and have them shipped to us. Since Indiana is a dry ship state (no alcoholic beverages can be shipped here unless you have a liquor license) we have it shipped to the wife's office in Chicago. She always comes back with 11 out of 12 bottles.

One red wine is called Hermansberger. It is a dry, fruity, oakey blend that goes great with pizza.

The other is called Norton. It is similar to the Hermansberger but it's a bit more spicey. This wine goes great with red meats and especially lamb.

I can't drink red wine.. I can't even smell it with out getting really sick. Head ache.. hot and cold flashes, sweating and then shivering. It only takes a few minutes and I'm ill....

weird??

pdswife1 said:
I can't drink red wine.. I can't even smell it with out getting really sick. Head ache.. hot and cold flashes, sweating and the shivering. It only takes a few minutes and I'm I'll....

weird??

Sorry to hear of your oversion to red wine. Perhaps people here without that problem can find this thread useful.

Thanks for the recomendation -
I've never heard of one that goes well with pizza!
How cool is that?!
Your wife's co-workers must love it when her
packages arrive :)

Home chef said:
pdswife1 said:
I can't drink red wine.. I can't even smell it with out getting really sick. Head ache.. hot and cold flashes, sweating and the shivering. It only takes a few minutes and I'm I'll....

weird??

Sorry to hear of your oversion to red wine. Perhaps people here without that problem can find this thread useful.

I'm sure it will be helpful to some.. I just meant that I knew nothing about wine... or typing either from the looks of things.

I've always been of the opinion that good wine is a matter of taste, not price tag. One of my favorite drops is McGuigan Black Label, (The Flavor of Austalia!) and its not a wallet breaker. But maybe I like it more so because its taste good and I'm a tight wad with my money.

More money doesn't always mean better quality, why, some of the best quality *** I've had has been free!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom