Vodka jelly/jello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott-180

Assistant Cook
Does anyone have a good recipe for vodka jelly/jello?

We call it jelly in the UK but I think you call it jello in the US (please see below dedicated thread discussing the differences between British and American slang by Caseydog)

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/regional-slang-inspired-by-scott-180-a-100729.html

When ever i try it, it always turns out too runny so i would like mine to be a bit firmer (don't we all?!!:LOL:)

We call them Jello Shots in the US, as referenced in the link by GG. They are fun party treats. You can also make them with Everclear (basically non diluted Vodka - pure grain alcohol).

CD

We call them Jello Shots in the US, as referenced in the link by GG. They are fun party treats. You can also make them with Everclear (basically non diluted Vodka - pure grain alcohol).

CD
We made them in different color and alcohol combinations for a large group once - lime and tequila, strawberry-banana and rum, and lemon drop with lemon vodka. Yummy [emoji38]

We made them in different color and alcohol combinations for a large group once - lime and tequila, strawberry-banana and rum, and lemon drop with lemon vodka. Yummy [emoji38]

Never tried that. I'll keep that in mind.

CD

fyi Scott 180

Jell-O is a brand name that has pretty much become the common name for a dessert jelly.
Zipper was also a brand name that lost its patent. It was/is technically a "fastner".
Tissues were/are commonly called Kleenix or Scotties (depending on what your mom bought while you were growing up).

fyi Scott 180

Jell-O is a brand name that has pretty much become the common name for a dessert jelly.
Zipper was also a brand name that lost its patent. It was/is technically a "fastner".
Tissues were/are commonly called Kleenix or Scotties (depending on what your mom bought while you were growing up).
And for some odd reason vacuum cleaners in GB are universally called "hoovers " even if they are made by different companies and vacuum cleaners were around in Britain before Hoover started sell their cleaners over here.

Back
Top Bottom