Well....that was interestin'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who made the vodka?

I do have a hypothesis that the cheaper brands make cheaper tasting flavors and the premium brands make less cheap tasting flavors, but I might be wrong.

Sounds like some of those cheap wines of the 70's that were a favorite with college kids. :rolleyes:

Hoot said:
Boone's Farm apple wine, Ripple, Orange Driver, the ever popular but horrendous Mad Dog 20/20...I am glad those days are long past me! :LOL:

Oh, and my favorite, Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill. Gack, they were awful.

"Designer" & diet booze seem to be all the rage. If you watch The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills, New York, or New Jersey (& you probably don't lol), several women have come out with their own brands & flavors, i.e. Bethenny Frankel's Skinnygirl spirits (diet - in different flavors).

Bethenny Frankel's Skinnygirl cocktails reportedly fetched $120 million - Reality TV World

Ramon's Pinot Grigio (NY) & Teresa (NJ) was sampling wines for a (diet?) peach bellini.

My nephew and his wife bought us a bottle of marshmallow vodka for Christmas, it was really good in hot chocolate, I needed a little booze on Christmas to deal with mother in law....

Oh, and my favorite, Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill. Gack, they were awful.

I lived just down the street from the Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma. Since these so called "religious" trained students were not allowed to drink on campus, they would come and sit in my back yard and bring their own food with that God awful wine. Even they complained about how awful it was. But they never got drunk or unruly. I really enjoyed having them there. There were about 20 kids and they were so nice and very respectful of me and the neighborhood. I could always tell when semester finals were coming up. They stopped showing up. Study and cramming time. Sometimes they would bring their books with them and have some great discussions. I got a college education without paying the high tuition. :)

She also brought some Parrot Bay coconut rum. Mixed with OJ, it was tolerable.

Hmmm...I wonder if I were to mix the chocolate vodka and the coconut rum together, do y'all think it might taste like a Mounds bar? Or I could throw a couple of almonds in it and call it an Almond Joy martini...
On the other hand....maybe not.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Buon Giorno, Good Morning,

From my point of view, I prefer a good brand of Vodka, Aged Cuban Rum, a good Brand of Gin, an Aged amber Tequila, Good Bourbon and Good Scottish Whiskey in our at home bar ...

Cocktails: we enjoy, there is a perfect moment for them, for example, at tropical hotel bar pool or CHI NI GI TO = a Hut Bar in Caribbean or Mexico or Key West, Florida;

One can enjoy a Piña Colada, Sex on the Beach or Margarita ... However, I do not buy flavoured Mixes ... I make the cocktail at home, if one of us, wish to have a cocktail.

Have lovely August.
Kind regards,
Margi

I enjoy a well made mixed drink from time to time. The 15th St. Raw Bar and Grill in Va. Beach makes an excellent version of Pusser's Painkiller. They call it the Soggy Dollar. Having never traveled to the Caribbean, I have not had the original. If I ever have the opportunity, I am gonna have to go to the Soggy Dollar Bar and try one.
I have tried to duplicate it at home, but it never seems to be as good. Not sure why.
Y'all might enjoy this article.

The Art of Drink - Pusser's Painkiller Cocktail

Hoot: Have u ever tasted Belvedere Polish Vodka ?

Hope that your dinner for Mrs. Hoot´s Birthday in Roanoke, Virginia in the Blue Ridge was extraordinaire ...

What did you have for dinner ?

On to topic, have you ever had Polish Vodka ? I highly recommend Belvedere ( hope I am spelling it correctly ). We do not have a full Bar here in Puglia.

We try not to overload as we spend 9 months to 10 months in Madrid, and use this apartment as a Holiday Reunion place & for Daughters to Meet Up as it is closer, at moment ...

You had mentioned your daughter is 21, and I believe there is a difference in palate at 21 and 48 or 51 ... We know what we truly enjoy and a 21 yr old is still tasting and experimenting ... We tend to prefer our own brands of spirits or wine or beer etcetra.

I have to thank Chief for that insightful advice.

Kind regards.
Margi.

We have decided to postpone the birthday dinner until the weekend so as not to have to worry about rushing home.
I have enjoyed vodka, but it ain't my favorite potable. It's better after a spell in the freezer.
Little Miss Hoot (my daughter) is fond of the flavored beverages, and I reckon it's ok. Sure wish she wouldn't be so pushy in askin' me to try 'em ("Oh come on, Daddy, try it....you'll like it!") :LOL:
She will drink bourbon with me from time to time and she holds it well. Both of my sons (24 and 28) will join me in a glass or two but they have their own tastes as well. I reckon it is a learning experience as is all of life.

Hoot, I've got to report here. DH went to a corporate dinner meeting tonight and came back with a free gift: whipped cream flavored vodka, by Smirnoff. It's really not bad! Sort of tastes like marshmallow. It will last a a long time here as it's really sweet, but I'm thinking if it's mixed with Kahlua and cream, it might be right tasty!

Last edited:
When we're on vacation in Aruba we tend to drink tropical drinks. The rest of the year is more real booze. Last January our daughter picked up a bottle of coconut rum to make pina coladas. The coconut rum really puts a jolt of coconut into the drink. In fact, it's really good just with pineapple juice.

Back
Top Bottom