What adult beverage are you drinking right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coffee and ice water. Always drinking tons of ice water. Part of the reason I am so excited about the new fridge with ice and water dispenser!

Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout, good beer.. rated a 90 or Ratebeer... nice beverage

Sounds interesting! Have you ever had the Bell's Java Stout - you can smell the coffee as soon as it's opened.

I had a Kir at work (1 TBS Cassis and 6 oz. Aligote). We're making them for our wine tasting tomorrow and we had to make sure the recipe was perfect :blush:

The only thing we'll do differently tomorrow is add a twist of lemon.

I like mine a lot, finally got one 2 years ago.

It comes tomorrow, but I still have to figure out how to hook up the water line to it. Their kit comes with a 'saddle valve' that fits over a copper pipe. I do not have copper pipes so I am going to have to drop by the appliance store and see what they come up with.
I am hoping a 'y' valve will do the trick along with a flex pipe. They wanted to run a copper line to the saddle valve, and said they do not recommend a plastic line. They couldn't adequately explain why they think a plastic line is not a good idea.

Oolong tea with milk and sugar.

I'm thinking, LadyCook is starting pretty early, since this is a thread regarding alcoholic drinks we are consuming;) but maybe you are taking your tea, straight?:)

Anyway, I will fortify myself at some point today to brave the elements. Starting to get some snow, need something to warm me up!:)

I'm thinking, LadyCook is starting pretty early, since this is a thread regarding alcoholic drinks we are consuming;) but maybe you are taking your tea, straight?:)

Anyway, I will fortify myself at some point today to brave the elements. Starting to get some snow, need something to warm me up!:)

:LOL:I posted in the wrong forum, I meant to post in non alcoholic forum. I don't drink alcohol at all. :LOL:

Red wines are my favorite, but my husband prefers to spend less than $8.00/bottle on "everyday" table wines

Rock on! Originally from Napa I sent many years working part time at the tasting bars, and discovered that price is no indicator of quality. It's an indicator of snob-ish looking labels. Consider it. A grape is a grape. If you take 2 tons of cabernet grapes and make wine, you get wine. Price is all about the bottle. Even the grapes themselves are a myth at this point. The Phyloxerra (sp?) bug that attacks the roots and kills off entire regions of wine grapes, has worked it vile magic many times over the years. When it happened in Napa, the french growers all donated seedlings to restart the vineyards, Napa returned the favor more than once. So these same grapes have been all over the world. There are french grapes in Napa, and Calif grapes in France. Sure techniques and times are different from winery to winery, but the ingredients are all the same. A pound of grapes is just a pound of grapes.

Sorry...enough of my babbling... here's my top 5 under $10. Most expensive on the list is the Coppola @ 8.99.
2005 Louis Jadot Beaujolais-Villages
2004 Rosemount Estate Diamond Label Shiraz
2004 Francis Coppola Rosso Classic
2003 Bella Sera Sangiovese
2004 Rex Goliath Giant 47 Pound Rooster

As for me, I'm in the process of taking pictures for my website of all of the drinks recipes for St. Patricks day. lol. Lot's and LOTS of Guinness, Jamesons whiskey, Balieys and such...it's all been flowing freely in the last few days. lol. as we speak (yes i know what time it is shuddup) it's a nice big Irish coffee.:angel:

Tall Rum & Tonic with a fresh cut Key Lime
img_554615_0_a27b95c8063843335333d716c0ccb810.jpg

more coffee!!!!
(to wash down the too much chocolate I just ate.. but thats another thread!)

Back
Top Bottom