What adult beverage are you drinking right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tall Rum & Tonic with a fresh cut Key Lime
img_554770_0_a27b95c8063843335333d716c0ccb810.jpg

do you really think it's a good idea to drink with that bird in your glass??

Rock on! Originally from Napa I sent many years working part time at the tasting bars, and discovered that price is no indicator of quality. It's an indicator of snob-ish looking labels. Consider it. A grape is a grape. If you take 2 tons of cabernet grapes and make wine, you get wine. Price is all about the bottle. Even the grapes themselves are a myth at this point. The Phyloxerra (sp?) bug that attacks the roots and kills off entire regions of wine grapes, has worked it vile magic many times over the years. When it happened in Napa, the french growers all donated seedlings to restart the vineyards, Napa returned the favor more than once. So these same grapes have been all over the world. There are french grapes in Napa, and Calif grapes in France. Sure techniques and times are different from winery to winery, but the ingredients are all the same. A pound of grapes is just a pound of grapes.

Sorry...enough of my babbling... here's my top 5 under $10. Most expensive on the list is the Coppola @ 8.99.
2005 Louis Jadot Beaujolais-Villages
2004 Rosemount Estate Diamond Label Shiraz
2004 Francis Coppola Rosso Classic
2003 Bella Sera Sangiovese
2004 Rex Goliath Giant 47 Pound Rooster

As for me, I'm in the process of taking pictures for my website of all of the drinks recipes for St. Patricks day. lol. Lot's and LOTS of Guinness, Jamesons whiskey, Balieys and such...it's all been flowing freely in the last few days. lol. as we speak (yes i know what time it is shuddup) it's a nice big Irish coffee.:angel:

While a lot of what you say is fact, and I am no wine connoisseur, the process of wine making is a lot more involved than using a recipe. There are wine makers who combine different grapes and flavors to get their respective inspirations/flavors. These innovations happen a lot at small wineries locally here in Napa/Sonoma counties.

But, alas, it's true -- price does not denote quality.. like most things in life :)

Butcher;
We are in the same time zone and I am almost ready to declare that the time is now "beer-thirty"! Still being on my Belgian Strong Ales kick...I think I'll be grabbing a "Gouden Carolus"

I was rattling around in the freezer a while ago, and saw a bottle of mixing Vodka...Then I saw a quart jar of home squeezins tomato juice in the refrigerator...Mmmmm something made me think....Bloody Mary!!! So I am slowly counting down...10................9...........

I was rattling around in the freezer a while ago, and saw a bottle of mixing Vodka...Then I saw a quart jar of home squeezins tomato juice in the refrigerator...Mmmmm something made me think....Bloody Mary!!! So I am slowly counting down...10................9...........

2......1......0.....go for it!!!

Opened a bottle of French Syrah ('05 Guilhem Durand ($20-ish?? can't remember now) and nibbling on some aged gouda and mimolette - I'm in wine and cheese heaven!

I'm about to make myself a big Kahlua and cream. My jaw really hurts from my dental visit yesterday but luckily it was in Mexico and I picked up a big bottle of Kahlua Especial (70 proof). I'm thinking I'll sleep great tonight!

I'm about to make myself a big Kahlua and cream. My jaw really hurts from my dental visit yesterday but luckily it was in Mexico and I picked up a big bottle of Kahlua Especial (70 proof). I'm thinking I'll sleep great tonight!

Oh my! I LOVE a White Russian (I guess that has vodka in it too). I haven't made one in a couple years. I feel so guilty drinking them though that I use fat free half and half :LOL:

Sleep tight FM!!!!!...or loose as a goose I should say :LOL:

Oh my! I LOVE a White Russian (I guess that has vodka in it too). I haven't made one in a couple years. I feel so guilty drinking them though that I use fat free half and half :LOL:

Sleep tight FM!!!!!...or loose as a goose I should say :LOL:
It worked great! Slept extremely well. That's so funny about the cream. I used to make these with heavy cream in the days before my metabolism started to fail me. Last night, I just made it with 2% milk. Not very tasty but it served my purpose right then. I wanted to save the "cream" calories for a night when I will enjoy them.

getting ready to have a couple Aventinus ..

not to many though .. 8.2% alcohol ..

Back
Top Bottom