"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Alcoholic Drinks

Old 07-28-2006, 05:12 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Is it early enough for the weekend to start?

( It is 5:00, somewhere)

I think I'll drink a beer or two while packing up!!

Old 07-28-2006, 05:45 PM   #32
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I'm drinking beer this weekend!! I've been out for about a month (used the last bottle for beer battered onion rings) & with budget issues I couldn't get anymore until today.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:10 PM   #33
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Baked
I plan on having strawberry pina coladas and beer.

I want to try one of those beer margharitas that I've heard about with frozen limeade concentrate, corona lager or any beer, vodka and some water. I'll have to check out several recipes.
Do you mean tequilla? we made then this way last year, but I don't remember if we used any water or not. They came out great (and strong)!
Old 07-28-2006, 06:27 PM   #34
Master Chef

I'm drinking Miller Lite...I switched from Bud Lite because Miller has fewer carbs. I find that I actually prefer the taste...it's smoother.

I love all those fancy drinks...strawberry margaritas made with fresh strawberries are to die for. But I save things like that for special occasions. I tend to slug'em down like I do my beers, and then I'm sorry the next day.
And I'm too old for hangovers...anymore, it takes me three days to heal up.

By the way, have any of y'all ever tried a Slippery Nipple? I can't remember for sure what's in them...Butter Shots and Bailey's? But they are SO good.

When I'm partyin' I enjoy little fancy shots now and then between beers. Hot **** (cinnamon scnapps) makes a good shot.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:17 PM   #35
Executive Chef

Pimms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel
I'm holding an outdoor lunch party on Sunday - so white and red wines available as well as large pitchers of Pimm's.
The last time we were down in the quarter we took a drinking/walking tour. One of our stops was supposed to serve us a Pimm's Cup. Unfortunately, it was only 4 months after Katrina and this particular place was working on abbreviated hours and we missed our Pimms cup!

I hope you enjoy!
Old 07-28-2006, 07:19 PM   #36
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Brain
Do you mean I wasn't sober enough to type at the time because I wrote "an" instead of "am" or that I wasn't drunk? I did end up getting drunker later on (without any added alchohol, except maybe one more sip) and it lasted a long time, maybe because I never drink and don't weigh very much so it had quite an impact on me. I just finally wanted to try tequila last night, so I had a shot of three ounces, then went "why is this working?" and had another ounce, then two or three more ounces. Then finally after I'd had all that did I start watching TV maybe ten or so minutes later, and began to wonder if I was feeling the effects of alchohol when I started talking right back to Racheal Ray. As I stood up to walk upstairs, I realized that yes I definatly was.
hahahaha, my point was you were not sober enough to type because you had two typos and I believe the entire sentence was grammatically incorrect. I just realized how much tequila you had...wow. I would have been talking to the tv too...wait, I do that all the time!
Old 07-28-2006, 07:20 PM   #37
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopz
I'll be drinking my new Wedding Ale I made for my son's wedding, followed by a few Dark As Night Stouts which I also made.
For later in the evening I will sip a burbon on ice with a splash of water... probably a Knob Creek or a Bookers....
That sounds like such a wonderful gesture, making ale for your son's wedding. I really think that is wonderful.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:22 PM   #38
Executive Chef

a dirty martini

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
What's a dirty martini ... and what's a clean one??
It has anywhere from a dash to a full ounce of olive juice in the drink.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:24 PM   #39
Executive Chef

I got your grey goose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
A dirty martini is a regular martini with some of the olive brine added in. They are delicious!

For me I will probably be drinking beer this weekend. I have some Hefenweisen (sp?) in the fridge along with a few other types. This was a pay week though so after I pay the bills I will see what is left over. If there is enough then I might get a bottle of Grey Goose and have a few on the rocks.

Come have a drink here...maybe I can talk buckytom into coming over. I think he lives next door.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:25 PM   #40
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Baked
I plan on having strawberry pina coladas and beer.

I want to try one of those beer margharitas that I've heard about with frozen limeade concentrate, corona lager or any beer, vodka and some water. I'll have to check out several recipes.
I never heard of this! Please let me know how it went.