What Are You Drinking Tonight, 8/4/06?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FryBoy

Washing Up
It's our 38th anniversary today, so I dug in the cellar and found my last bottle of 1994 Beaux Freres Oregon Pinot Noir. It will be accompanied by grilled top sirloin, grilled new red potatoes, and grilled asparagus.

The wine has been uncorked about 15 minutes and it's starting to open up. It's a biggie, living up to all its promise!

If you have any, it's fully mature but should improve for another 2 to 5 years, and I suspect it will easily last for another 10 years beyond that.

I don't much like the taste of booze, man-oh-man you ought to see my liquor cabinet :rolleyes: . I'm having about 1/4 shot of Cointreau this evening. The first sip gives me a whole body hot flash, the second sip to a lesser extent and that finishes of the liqueur.:blink:

in honor of nat'l champagne day, i'm having miller. :)

soon i'll have some magner's. hopefully a lot. depends on who's tending.

Grey Goose

Since I am getting acquainted w/different vodkas at this time, having Grey Goose. So SMOOTH! Goes down so easy.

2000 Ch. d'Eyrans, appellation Pessac-Léognon rouge (located in St. Médard d'Eyrans).

Went beautifully with rare rump steak and shallot confit.

Alex R.

Ironchef,

Your Pinot Noir was 14.5% alcohol. Was it unbalanced at that high a degree?

Best regards,
Alex R.

AlexR said:
Ironchef,

Your Pinot Noir was 14.5% alcohol. Was it unbalanced at that high a degree?

Best regards,
Alex R.

Not at all. Personally, I've found that Pinots with a higher alcohol content (13.8 to 14.5% vs. 12.5 to 13.6%) are more complex than those with a lower alcohol content.

We began 'cocktail hour' in New Hope, PA....my boyfriend and I had Black & Tans with lunch. Drove back to Philly and had Dark and Stormys (Goslings rum, ginger beer, lime) before seeing Circque de Soliel's Quidam. After the show, we went to Monks, a belgian mussles and beer joint for a late supper. There we had belgian beer, ....don't remember the name.

vb, where'd ya go in new hope.

it's one of the wife and my favourite day trips, or a last second overnighter, if the mood and wine were right. we've stayed in the inn at lambertville station, and the logan inn. other places too, that the memory of has been erased by the wine as well.

Hmmm...

Beer?
Wine?
Bourbon?

Decisions, decisions... Maybe I should just look at the drink list and say "okay". :mrgreen:

John

buckytom said:
vb, where'd ya go in new hope.

it's one of the wife and my favourite day trips, or a last second overnighter, if the mood and wine were right. we've stayed in the inn at lambertville station, and the logan inn. other places too, that the memory of has been erased by the wine as well.

Cannot recall the name, but it was next to Cafe LuLus. We didn't stay overnight in New Hope, although once we stayed at the Fox and the Hound. We headed into Philly after shopping. I did get to shop at my favourite store, Magik...but discovered it's moving to Woodstock after Labour Day. Strawberry Jam is still a great shop, there, too.

Back
Top Bottom