What beer do you enjoy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like any beer brought into the US from a country that doesn't control the alcohol content. My brother goes to Canada, buys the legal limit of Molsons or LaBatts at The Beer Store, and brings it back. I had a friend who worked cargo for Pan American Airlines who would have someone in Manila place a case of San Miguel (with the hand painted labels) in the cargo hold of a Los Angeles flight for me. Both taste much better than their US imported equivalents.

Right now I drink Stella Artois if I want something light and refreshing, or Anchor Steam if I want a full bodied beer.

Last time we were in Kauai, the IPA was phenominal, and I don't usually care for beer. Oops, the Corona Light when consumed in Mexico is also pretty good....

Last edited:
LOL yeah I understand how that works.

We lived in Oregon and couldn't get it out there either. So when we would come to Ohio to visit family we always went across the border into Pa and bought a couple cases of it.

Shipping it home was funny. Because it is bottles we had to pack it really well. DH came up with the perfect way. He bought cans of expanding foam. We took the bottles and set them inside a box and pssshhhhhtttt .. fill the voids with expanding foam then put them in the mail. They always made it safely.

Getting them out of that expanding foam was the real challenge but we always managed LOL

They just started selling it here in Ohio about a year ago so now we can just go to our local grocery to get it.
You could put the beer in a plastic bag first, or better yet, put the foam into plastic bags and pack around the beer to take up the space. I will be doing this next time we send my brother a beer. We do it often. :huh:

39817-albums933-picture5300.jpg

Last edited:
My husband and I brewed my first beer. We made a raspberry wheat. So now in six weeks I can drink it.

i love beer ... and lucky for me our area has had a real up swing in micro/craft brews ..
love guiness.. but only the draught not the extra stout ..
stella is a great summer time brew .. murphys irish stout is good too .. i am really enjoying shock top lately .. i was never a big fan until i had it on tap ..
i saw someone mentioned anchor steam .. thats a great beer too ..
then there is aventinus .. fantastic .. bottle fermented .. not for everyone ..
around here we have a local company called dog fish head .. i have not had a beer from them i did not like .. the 90 min ipa is excellent ...
and once in a while they do a miles davis bitches brew .. its a stout ..
Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales | Off-centered stuff for off-centered people but i like everything there ...

I usually go for Yuengling lager if I'm in a bar. Occasionally I treat myself to a Guiness or a Black and Tan (the real one, not the Yuengling version).

I go thru phases right now my two favorite, scratch that only two beers I drink are Warsteiner Premium Dunkel, which is a traditional German dark lager and another one is Pilsner Urquell which I believe is draft, honestly I am not really sure about all the proper names for the kinds of beers. But those two are by far the best beers I’ve had from the bottle in the last few years. Nothing comes close to a beer in a bar in Germany or somewhere in Check republic.

I go thru phases right now my two favorite, scratch that only two beers I drink are Warsteiner Premium Dunkel, which is a traditional German dark lager and another one is Pilsner Urquell which I believe is draft, honestly I am not really sure about all the proper names for the kinds of beers. But those two are by far the best beers I’ve had from the bottle in the last few years. Nothing comes close to a beer in a bar in Germany or somewhere in Check republic.

Given its name, it's reasonable to expect Pilsner Urquell to be classified as a Pilsner (bottom fermented) beer. However, now that it is owned by SAB Miller all bets are off. It used to have tiny bubbles but I think they've become bigger which is indicative of carbonation similar to that of soda pop created by the injection of CO2 into the finished product. Cask conditioned, non CO2 injected, draught is still supposed to be available at the source.

State side, I'm partial to Abita Springs Brewry products. The best beer I have ever had was the draft Heineken I had in Amsterdam.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom