What beer do you enjoy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megan87

Assistant Cook
ok so My husband and I are big into beers (him more than me, Im very picky). So I was wondering what type of beer do you enjoy most? Larger, Ales, Blondes, Cream, Milk, Stout, Fruit, framboise-lambic, Wheat beer, Barley Wine, Bock, hefeweizen, IPA, Dark Ale, Pale Ale, Brown Ale.... There are so many more to love.

Personally I love a good framboise-lambic :wub:. I am a sucker for sweet beers. I also enjoy some local made bocks and blondes.

Pretty basic here .. Yuengling lager. Not into darks or real citrusy beers. We don't drink much beer but when we do it's always Yuengling.

My husband LOVES Yuengling!!! Every time one of our friends goes east or north he makes them pick up a couple cases lol. They dont sell it in Tx..

My husband LOVES Yuengling!!! Every time one of our friends goes east or north he makes them pick up a couple cases lol. They dont sell it in Tx..

LOL yeah I understand how that works.

We lived in Oregon and couldn't get it out there either. So when we would come to Ohio to visit family we always went across the border into Pa and bought a couple cases of it.

Shipping it home was funny. Because it is bottles we had to pack it really well. DH came up with the perfect way. He bought cans of expanding foam. We took the bottles and set them inside a box and pssshhhhhtttt .. fill the voids with expanding foam then put them in the mail. They always made it safely.

Getting them out of that expanding foam was the real challenge but we always managed LOL

They just started selling it here in Ohio about a year ago so now we can just go to our local grocery to get it.

Rofl thats too funny. I would have never thought of using expanding foam. But hey as long as it works!

I'm not a fan of in-your-face hops and/or barley. Blue Moon & Irish Death are two that I always look for first, I really like both.

I also enjoy the raspberry lambic! I even found it on tap in a couple places.

Last edited:
I enjoy Sam Adams lagers. The Winter Lager is my favorite. The rest of the year I go with Boston Lager.

I'm from South Africa. We only have stout, ale, lager. I'm not a big beer fan but I enjoy the odd Guinness and Carling Black Label for making beer shandy.

My favorite is a really hoppy India Pale Ale!
But then again, a nice dark stout is good too.
Hoppy or malty... yum!
Not a big fan of fruity beers or wheat beers,
But about all I won't drink is Budweisers or Natural Light.

I tend to prefer red or brown beers (but not Guiness, :yuk:). But, I'm not a big beer drinker. I also like Scandinavian and German beer and Tsing Tao. The best beer I ever tasted was called Viking Beer. It's Icelandic, but they don't export it. I have discovered that I like beer better if I have it with a meal and akvavit. :rolleyes:

I'm more of a wine drinker and not a big beer connoisseur. If I'm eating something that calls for beer - curry, for instance - I generally like a nice crisp lager. Premium Grain Belt, which is local, is refreshing and really hits the spot. And when in the mood for ale, New Belgium Fat Tire and Goose Island Honkers Ale are a couple of favorites.

Working in NYC for over thirty years, vacationing in the midwest, the northern west coast of the US from San Fransisco through Washington, and Canada from Nova Scotia to Vancouver, as well as living and vacationing in Germany and Italy leads me to conclude that, while tastes may differ:
- Some people have a very parochial view about beer preferences
- beer at or near the site of its origin may taste quite different than the exported versions.
After half a century+ of study, I think good beers taste best when they are frish vom fass and kellerkalt.

My husband likes Moosehead or Molson. I like Newcastle Brown Ale. Nuts, now I'm thirsty for beer. I'll need to go pick some up. You folks are bad influences. =o)

Working in NYC for over thirty years, vacationing in the midwest, the northern west coast of the US from San Fransisco through Washington, and Canada from Nova Scotia to Vancouver, as well as living and vacationing in Germany and Italy leads me to conclude that, while tastes may differ:
- beer at or near the site of its origin may taste quite different than the exported versions.
After half a century+ of study, I think good beers taste best when they are frish vom fass and kellerkalt.
+1

And frisch is better than frish ;)

I enjoy my own home made beer. Been making beer for forty years. When I'm out I'll order a premium Czech lager.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom