What brand of tequila do you like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The ones I like. Patron, Herradura, Sauza (tres generacion), Cabo Wabo.

The Patron gold I am particularly fond of. Very smooth.

The only thing I can tell you about my favorite brand is that it's put out by Jose Cuervo, is made from 100% agave, & has a small silhouette of a black crow on the gold & white label.

As you can imagine, there are dozens of brands of tequila sold here, and they are sold at every street corner tienda. DH wanted to buy a bottle of tequila for the guys that did some welding work for him the other day and went to the corner tienda. Concha, the owner, knowing these guys, suggested a brand in a plastic bottle and only 20 pesos (about $1.60USD)! He ended up buying something a little nicer than that, but the consensus is correct - Patron is the king, even here. About $45 USD a bottle. And we don't reallly care for tequila.....

Patron Gold, here, to drink straight. For mixing, any Cuervo seems OK. If I want the raw tequila flavor of my youth, I go for the Mezcal with the worm!:ohmy:

Chinaco Anejo.
I remember the Mezcal with the worm. The worm was the best part!
I had something aged in a little barrel while in Mexico. It was smooth...and no hangover.

I didn't know that anyone but Curevo made it.

AC

Wikipedia said:
José Cuervo is a brand of tequila produced by Tequila Cuervo La Rojeña, S.A. de C.V. The José Cuervo Especial brand has the highest sales of any tequila brand in the world.

Personally, since I live in Tampa, which has a very high amount of latin community, I get bottles of tequila that come straight from Mexico. Going to the produce market (30th and Hillsborough Ave), which is run by 90% mexicans, you can usually ask around and find someone that knows someone whom has a bottle or two extra for sale that was brought back from a visit with relatives or whatever the excuse is for them going back.

You'll never find the bottles in stores, and I've never found ones as good (or strong) in stores. Its kind of like comparing Everclear to good, true moonshine.

Don't know if this is an option for you, but its one I would suggest looking into if it viable in your area. Generally, if the option does arise, figure it will cost alot, but the people I get from usually barter. I've traded 2 mattresses and a few pots and pans for 3 good bottles.

Back
Top Bottom