"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Alcoholic Drinks
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-21-2014, 07:09 AM   #31
Executive Chef
 
CraigC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinz View Post
Or I have enough clients that I'm making good money and can afford something better than Tvarski. I would think you would want to work with somebody who has measurable success. If somebody is going to judge my ability to represent or do business with them based on their perception that I make too much money, then I wouldn't want their business anyway. Last thing I would want is a high maintenance client who is so tight they squeak when they walk.
Actually, it would be the lack of a sense of humor that would make me pass.
__________________

__________________
Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus & C. Batesii.
CraigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:07 AM   #32
Head Chef
 
phinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Surface of the Sun
Posts: 1,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
Actually, it would be the lack of a sense of humor that would make me pass.
Exactly.
__________________

__________________
It's good for the soul when there's not a soul in sight.

Trader Scott's Tiki Bar & Lounge
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:09 PM   #33
Executive Chef
 
Roll_Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 2,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinz View Post
Or I have enough clients that I'm making good money and can afford something better than Tvarski. I would think you would want to work with somebody who has measurable success. If somebody is going to judge my ability to represent or do business with them based on their perception that I make too much money, then I wouldn't want their business anyway. Last thing I would want is a high maintenance client who is so tight they squeak when they walk.
Totally agree.
I was a contractor and later in my career became a sales representative for the same industry.
I learned to pass on certain clients and yes, I can fire a customer.
I have fired customers in the past. They were not worth all the extra trouble they caused me and my company.
So in a very nice way, I showed them the door.
Man did that feel good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Roll_Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #34
Certifiable Executive Chef
 
Janet H's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 3,281
In defense of my earlier list... I don't believe that's an ostentatious list - just a quality one and there's a big difference, imo.

Most of the bottles I listed are in the under $60.00 range and many are much lower. An ostentatious list would be loaded with $200.00 (plus) bottles. What I called out was run of the mill, decent quality liquor.

To me this list says "I appreciate quality and have a well funded bank account BUT I also know the value of a dollar. You are important enough to me to spend a little extra to offer you an excellent experience but as with most things in my world, I exercise some restraint".
__________________
Forget love... I'd rather fall in chocolate!
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:12 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 16,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
In defense of my earlier list... I don't believe that's an ostentatious list - just a quality one and there's a big difference, imo.

Most of the bottles I listed are in the under $60.00 range and many are much lower. An ostentatious list would be loaded with $200.00 (plus) bottles. What I called out was run of the mill, decent quality liquor.

To me this list says "I appreciate quality and have a well funded bank account BUT I also know the value of a dollar. You are important enough to me to spend a little extra to offer you an excellent experience but as with most things in my world, I exercise some restraint".
Like
__________________

__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drink

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.