What is a good drink for a college-aged girl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crankin

Senior Cook
Okay this will probably sound dumb but I need to know: what are some good drinks that would be liked by pretty much any girl of a college-ish age (20's)? I'm 22 but I am mostly into drinking my drinks more straight up or simply on ice. But I don't think this girl that I am going to have over will like that much; but I said I'd make a good drink for her and I don't know what to do. I am thinking maybe like a Cosmo or something or a Margarita? I am pretty stocked or can get mostly anything so whatever the ingredients are does not matter. What would be something that is kind of unique but universally liked? Any recipes would be appreciated.

PS: I know that there is not any one drink that "every" girl of this age would like but... just kind of a generalization if you would.

Thanks!

Margarita is good...I would also plan on Rum based drinks...Mojito etc. Oh, and Hurricanes would be fun too!! .............All in moderation of course!!

Mojito or Cosmo would be classier but a mix drink w/ malibu rum is alawys popular or you could go for a kamakaze (Vodka/Lime/Triplesec i part each) we used to do those straight from the bottle in HS (not condoning this bad behavior) but they are very sugary... or the collegiest drink is the flaming dr pepper (beer/rum/amaretto... you can google for instructions) that one you get to light on fire.... but she may end up with her head in the toilet. Really depends on the girl is she looking for something sophisticated or a serious party drink

The girl that used to work for me liked Parrot Bay mixed with Lipton's Citrus Flavored Green Iced Tea.

There are sweet drinks, and bitter drinks, and often, people who like one kind don't like the other. I prefer sweet drinks myself - cosmo, sangria, rum and Coke with grenadine. A White Russian is good, too - vodka, coffee liqueur (Kahlúa or Tia Maria), and cream on the rocks.

As an after dinner drink, I know a lot of women who like a grasshopper. I am pretty much a straight up or martini person. Any of the sweet martini takeoff (Cosmo, etc) drinks probably would be welcomed. A lot of the medium priced chain restaurants have a selection of sweet drinks on the menu, mostly with an indredient list.

I googled this out of curiosity. Drinks have their own life cycle. Last Christmas when my family was home they traded in their margaritas, our family drink of choice, and were all drinking martinis, although they live in different areas.

From what I read there is a drink called Sex on the Beach - a tropical mixture of peach schnapps, volka, cranberry juice, orange juice and pineapple juice that seems to be popular with the 20-somethings.

To be on the safe side, there's always wine.

If you make one of the fruit drinks like margaritas, etc. Forgo the mixes and make it with the real ingredients. A major difference, like whipped cream and miracle whip.

one of my favorites which she might like its a cherry lemonade. my summer drink of choice

Bacardi Lemon + Lemonade (country time powder*) Marachino cherry and juice

*By using the powder you can control the tartness of the drink.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom