What is a good medium-bodied beer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crankin

Senior Cook
I like light beers somewhat, but in a way I want something with a little more body and flavor. On the other hand, Guiness is way too strong for me. So what would be a good middle ground beer for me to try out? Something that would be available in Wisconsin, so nothing regional from the other side of the country, please.

Wisconsin - Beer Guide - PubCrawler - Search Results

Try something new! Any amber (pale ales) or golden ale will be tastier than the light beers you're used to. Your area is chock-full of breweries and beer pubs (see above link). Also, don't be afraid of dark beers. Guinness is a stout, but dark ales and porters have a lighter, crisper (usually hoppier) body. THey tend to have coffee, chocolate or caramel flavor, but without as much malt as stouts.

My geography isn't so good... but I love Great Lakes brewery. You should be able to find that at a nice beer store? Try their Elliot Ness Amber for a nicely balanced, slightly sweet lager.

Cheers!

I like light beers somewhat, but in a way I want something with a little more body and flavor. On the other hand, Guiness is way too strong for me. So what would be a good middle ground beer for me to try out? Something that would be available in Wisconsin, so nothing regional from the other side of the country, please.
Capitol Brewery in Wisc. makes some good beers..
Autumnal fire, Pale Ale, Special Pilsner are all excellent choices.

A new one I tried the last trip up was Spotted Cow from New Glarus brewery up there. Its very nice.

Try Leinenkugel's creamy dark brewed in Wisconsin. The beer in New Glarus is lethal i Speak from experence, but their Limburger cheese is spot on Enjoy

Ya know, if only I were 200 years older, I'd marry that man!!
I wanted to name my last baby Samuel Adam if it were a boy.
My husband is very happy she was a girl. :)

I like Sam Adams Light, too. One of the best light beers I've tasted. If you enjoy light but want something with a little more body/flavor, try the Sam Adams Light.

There are so many, hundreds in fact. I would go down to your local beer and wine store and check out some of the British ales and some of the local regional micro brews. Ask someone there who is knowledgeable and tell them you want something lighter than a stout but with more body than a Pilsner or summer beer. If you don't like beers that are too bitter make that known too and you should be able to get some terrific recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom