What is your favorite drink?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A decent value 10yr or 12yr Highland Single Malt Scotch
Bourbon & Diet Soda (non aspartame stuff)
Vodka Tonic (non HFCS stuff)
Gin Tonic (non HFCS stuff)
Anejo Tequila 100% Agave

I don't drink any more for several reasons. Used to drink Seagram's''V.O.'' Here's my favorite cocktail . Put bottle of ''V.O.'' in the freezer with two glasses. Remove bottle and one glass in one hour and fill to desired level. Put bottle back in the freezer, sip glass slowly till empty then repeat process over again with second cold glass, then remove bottle again and so on. [Hint avoid ice cubes for fear of dilution.] Also can remember using ''Chivas Regal'' the same way for a nice change. Understand original ''V.O.'' not made by the same company and is not 86 Proof anymore. Is now 80 Proof like ''Crown Royal''. Didn't some famous bourbon company like like'' Makers Mark'' also try to lower the proof unsuccessfully because of public outcry?

Water, Water, V-8, Coffee, Water, Water, Water, Water

I know, know, know. Everytime I have to go to the hospital they take just one look at me in the ambulance and immediately start an IV. I doubt I had even eight ounces of water last week. Or the weeks before. I try, but I just don't like the taste of it unless it is ice cold. I do love to eat crushed ice. Maybe that is the answer to my problem. Make crushed ice. My FP does a great job breaking it up to a size suitable for my small mouth. (Never mind the cracks. I can get a doctors note saying I have a small mouth.) Now I will have to find a place in the freezer for the ice cube trays. :angel:

I know, know, know. Everytime I have to go to the hospital they take just one look at me in the ambulance and immediately start an IV. I doubt I had even eight ounces of water last week. Or the weeks before. I try, but I just don't like the taste of it unless it is ice cold. I do love to eat crushed ice. Maybe that is the answer to my problem. Make crushed ice. My FP does a great job breaking it up to a size suitable for my small mouth. (Never mind the cracks. I can get a doctors note saying I have a small mouth.) Now I will have to find a place in the freezer for the ice cube trays. :angel:

I wasn't nagging...well not much!:rolleyes: Just saying what I have during the day.

You know, the water doesn't have to be plain H2O. Try adding some lemon juice, lime juice, muddled berries, cucumber slices, fresh mint, fresh lemon balm, etc., to the water. Very refreshing.

My favorite drink is rose wine, although I enjoy many other liquid refreshments, depending on what else I'm having or doing. I usually like sweet drinks. Some other favorites are Riesling, Pinot Grigio, margarita on the rocks with salt, Cosmopolitan, rum and Coke with grenadine, Lemon Drop martini, and lemonade with a shot of lemon-flavored Stoli or Chambord. For festive occasions, I like Prosecco with Frangelico.

I also drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning and water with lemon for most of the rest of the day. Till it's five o'clock somewhere ;)

Last edited:
My favorite drink is rose wine, although I enjoy many other liquid refreshments, depending on what else I'm having or doing. I usually like sweet drinks...

If you ever see this wine you should try it:

Red Raspberry - Breitenbach Winery Store

red_raspberry__88942.1330110331.1280.1280.png

Made in OH's Amish Country. Kinda dry, slightly sweet, but OhSoGood if you let a couple Hershey semi-sweet morsels get a bit melty on the tongue, the let the wine slip over the melted chocolate. It's one of those "skip the meal so we can get to dessert" wines! :yum:

If you ever see this wine you should try it:

Red Raspberry - Breitenbach Winery Store

Made in OH's Amish Country. Kinda dry, slightly sweet, but OhSoGood if you let a couple Hershey semi-sweet morsels get a bit melty on the tongue, the let the wine slip over the melted chocolate. It's one of those "skip the meal so we can get to dessert" wines! :yum:

Thanks, that sounds really good :)

Back
Top Bottom