"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Alcoholic Drinks

Old 06-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #171
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I know, know, know. Everytime I have to go to the hospital they take just one look at me in the ambulance and immediately start an IV. I doubt I had even eight ounces of water last week. Or the weeks before. I try, but I just don't like the taste of it unless it is ice cold. I do love to eat crushed ice. Maybe that is the answer to my problem. Make crushed ice. My FP does a great job breaking it up to a size suitable for my small mouth. (Never mind the cracks. I can get a doctors note saying I have a small mouth.) Now I will have to find a place in the freezer for the ice cube trays.
You know, the water doesn't have to be plain H2O. Try adding some lemon juice, lime juice, muddled berries, cucumber slices, fresh mint, fresh lemon balm, etc., to the water. Very refreshing.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #172
Chef Extraordinaire

My favorite drink is rose wine, although I enjoy many other liquid refreshments, depending on what else I'm having or doing. I usually like sweet drinks. Some other favorites are Riesling, Pinot Grigio, margarita on the rocks with salt, Cosmopolitan, rum and Coke with grenadine, Lemon Drop martini, and lemonade with a shot of lemon-flavored Stoli or Chambord. For festive occasions, I like Prosecco with Frangelico.

I also drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning and water with lemon for most of the rest of the day. Till it's five o'clock somewhere

Old 06-12-2013, 01:00 AM   #173
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
My favorite drink is rose wine, although I enjoy many other liquid refreshments, depending on what else I'm having or doing. I usually like sweet drinks...
If you ever see this wine you should try it:

Red Raspberry - Breitenbach Winery Store

Made in OH's Amish Country. Kinda dry, slightly sweet, but OhSoGood if you let a couple Hershey semi-sweet morsels get a bit melty on the tongue, the let the wine slip over the melted chocolate. It's one of those "skip the meal so we can get to dessert" wines!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #174
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post

If you ever see this wine you should try it:

Red Raspberry - Breitenbach Winery Store

Made in OH's Amish Country. Kinda dry, slightly sweet, but OhSoGood if you let a couple Hershey semi-sweet morsels get a bit melty on the tongue, the let the wine slip over the melted chocolate. It's one of those "skip the meal so we can get to dessert" wines!
Thanks, that sounds really good
Old 06-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #175
Executive Chef

Frozen OJ concentrate and sparkling water. Slice of lime.