What is your favourite cocktail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mad Cook

I'm very partial to Menorcan gin, too. Can't buy it in UK and I've long ago finished my secret stash brought home from the island.

Perhaps, you can order direct from the Producer.

There is an Organic Boutique Gin called: Maverick and it is produced in Southern Alicante.

I am sure the owner, would ship you a few bottles or 1 case.

It is truly amazing. The blue is absolutely delightingly exquisite. He also manufactures a Red Gin produced with Organic Monsatrell Grapes. Very sublime too ..

Have a wonderful day ..

In summer - definitely Negroni - gin, campari, sweet red vermouth, a slice of lemon and plenty of ice - can't go wrong with that!

Hi, A-Walker! Welcome to DC.

I love Campari. Not a fan of gin, though. Since I do love Bourbon, I tried a Boulevardier. Meh. Give me my Bourbon, neat. And my Campari with one ice cube and a wedge of lime. Why ruin a good thing, I say? And Campari and a nice sipping Bourbon are both very good things. :yum:

Saul,

A dear Sommelier friend had recommended some Riesling Mono Varietals to me, and so I shall share his list .. ( I am not a grand fan of still White wines, however, my Mom and Mom in law were quite impressed .. I am a red wine or sparkling wine enthusiast and particulary wines from Ribera del Duero, Toro, Zamora, Rioja Alavesa, Rioja Alta and Priorat, which are my favorite .. I also am veered toward French Côte du Rhone & some Bordeaux .. I prefer oak aged reds ..

Priorat: Check Alvaro Palacios (Cataluna) .. Amazing reds and just received 100 Points in Wine Spectator Magazine & the Robert Parker Magazine ..

Here they are:

Riseling - Germany ..

Qualitätswein Mosel Zeitinger Himmelreich ..

Mosel Hofberg ..

Selbach Oster ..

Last edited:
Its been 20 years since I have had a mixed drink.. The last I recall was a White Russian.. Used to love those..

I was always a beer guy.. Haven't enjoyed one in a couple of years.. Supposed to go to a beer and burger place with friends tomorrow.. Maybe I'll have a beer then..

Ross

Back
Top Bottom