What other Holiday Drinks do you love?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Snoops
When we were in Lisbon earlier this year, I was introduced to the delights of white port as an aperitif, rather than a fino sherry.... I love it! And I also love a good, aged port with plenty of stilton and Isle ofMull cheddar and a few home made oatcakes.:)

We like eggnog (commercial) doctored with dark rum, as well as hot buttered rum, but our hot buttered rum is simple, since we usually enjoy it as a nighttime toddy - just an shot or 2 of dark rum in a mug with a tablespoon pat of butter floated on it, then the mug is filled with boiling water & some nutmeg is sprinkled on top.

As far as regular cocktails, our traditional family Thanksgiving cocktail has always been the "Scarlett O'Hara" (cranberry juice, fresh lime juice, & Southern Comfort). For Xmas & New Year's we usually have champagne.

I still love to gather 'round and throw a few shots of Jezynowka (Polish Blackberry Brandy) around with the friends and family this time of year!!!

We (the wife and I) have a capfull of dark Rum in fresh ground coffee each morning in the winter, the reason that qualifies for Holliday season is usualy because the Rum is often amongst our Christmas presents from my mother.

I think that an old favorite is being forgotten!
Punch of all things!!
Anything goes and it looks great at a party!
Add some ice cream to float on top and it is perfect for a good excuse to stand by the fire.
You can make a mile punch with Champagne or spice it up with the hard alcohol of your liking :)
BIG WARNING !!!! MAKE A SIGN FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN NOT DRINK!
If you make a good enough punch, Even a strong one you can't taste it.

[SIZE=-1]Glühwein!! It's a mulled wine, but I'm not sure if it's the same as other mulled wines as I've never tried making it at from scratch to see if it tastes the same. In the German speaking countries, they serve this at the [/SIZE]Christkindlmarkts and you can be really naughty and add a shot of rum if you are particularly cold.

Here is my favorite drink:
5 ounces good Vodka
1/3 cup orange juice
3/4 cup cranberry juice
Juice of 1 lime
Ice
After two pitchers between 6 people we were very, very merry indeed!

My Christmas drink!! I think I posted this before--oh well ..

In a blender--6 oz. Captain Morgan spiced rum, 6 oz coke. 4 oz amaretto, pack with vanilla ice cream and blend. Keep adding ice cream until it turns into a thick milk shake. Add more or less Amaretto to your liking..

Tastes like a chocolate covered cherry....

Rob Roys....I wait all year to have one on Thanksgiving, and then enjoy them through the holidays, until Easter. Then, the season is officially over.

I love hot buttered rum and mulled wine, too.

I enjoyed Hot buttered rum last year...but I need to make a smaller batch. I had to much waste..

I will be making Miss MicheleMarie's TNT Home made Irish Cream again this year..it was awesome!!! No leftovers on this one!! I garontee!!!!!!

aged

i love a nice drink during the holidays, rum and eggnog etc.

since i got to be an "old person", my tummy seems not to care for it. sad huh:ROFLMAO:,oh well maybe i will try again. these all sound wonderful.

happy holidays :ROFLMAO:

babe

Back
Top Bottom