What's your favorite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Homemade (Darn near any style)
2 Witbeer (Celis White or Hoegarden)
3 American Pale Ales (Bell's, Sierra Nevada, etc.)

John

Michelob Ultra, I didn't start drinking beer until a couple of years ago & this is the only one I like. But then again, I haven't tried too many. I prefer mixed drinks & on occasion, the hard stuff.

For beer, I occasionally enjoy a pint of room-temp Bellhaven. Nice dark, woody stuff. Most of the time, though, I do love a nip of Laphroaig or Oban or Talisker. Ahhh....great way to greet the sunset!

Well when I go the my local store I will usually get Longtrail, Sierra Nevada, Sam Adams, Guinness and other microbrews.

what's my favorite beer? my next one.
ok, if you must know:
harp, guinness, smithwicks, tennents, long trail double bag and pollenator, kingfisher, river horse, 4 x, ed's cave creek chiili beer, yeunglings, kootenay, and a few more i'm forgetting.

mudbug, I went to college in Minneapolis (U of M), and since Hamm's and Grain Belt were locally brewed they also helped to keep us happy at minimal cost. Ah yes, six of us digging through our pockets to scrounge up enough to buy a case! And for those big-spending weekends, we would get a keg for comsumption on the Mississipi River banks around a roaring fire.

Otter, that sounds like a great time! When I was a senior I lived out in the country in a rented farmhouse (old hippie, remember). We had a bunch of people staying for the weekend once in the winter and ran out of heating oil in the living room heater to warm the uninsulated house. There was still a little oil left in the heater in the kitchen, so about 12 of us and assorted dogs slept on the floor in there and kept the beer in the living room to stay cold.

mudbug, four of us lived off-campus in an old house. It was condemned a few years after we left, but should have been condemned before we left. The only thing the rats were afraid of was the cockroaches, hehehe. It was nicknamed "The Palace Flophouse and Grill" after a place in one of Hemingway's novels. Parties every weekend and people dropping by constantly during the week - it's a miracle I was able to graduate with a semi-respectable GPA.

I know what you mean. I got my best grades my last year -- how?.

BTW, I love Hemingway, even tho he is out of fashion now. Which novel are you referring to? Not familiar with that reference.

I don't know on the Hemingway thing - the English lit major hung the name on it. I was a Psychology major, possibly because it was the only major that didn't require a thesis paper to graduate.

Otter said:
I don't know on the Hemingway thing - the English lit major hung the name on it. I was a Psychology major, possibly because it was the only major that didn't require a thesis paper to graduate.

I managed to get a degree in English lit. without doing a thesis paper, but had to do 2 seminar papers.

Thesis = research
Seminar paper = my interpretations and b.s.

Easy choice.

Avery Hog Heaven Barley Wine(this is an ale) and Guiness Extra Stout. I also like my own home brew. A very strong Porter. These are "Real Beers".

Back
Top Bottom