What's your favourite cocktail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My gosh, I have learned alot about drinks! Some of these sound so good! I pretty much like all alcoholic drinks. My number one favorite - crown royal on the rocks. Runners up: a nice glass of merlot, vodka and lemonade on a hot day, a good cosmo, and sometimes a swirl (margarita and sangria). Grand marnier poured into a glass that has been warmed with hot water is also a very nice end to the day!

Cachaca is a sugar cane rum

And a scooba is a robot floor cleaner, I have the mop variety vs. the vacuum variety. How's that for random? HA! Best money I ever spent. I just let it clean up the mess after the Cachaca cocktails.

If you like mojitos you'll probably like Caipirinhas. They're more tart and pack a harder punch but they're wonderful on a hot day (or night). I think I'm going to go make myself one right now!

Can someone please explain to me what it is in alchohol's flavor that you like? To me its just bitter and strong.

Michelemarie said:
Grand marnier poured into a glass that has been warmed with hot water is also a very nice end to the day!

oh man, mm, i love a good macanudo portofino, and a warmed snifter of gran marnier.
reminds me of many evenings in florida, watching the sun set over the gulf, with a warm and gentle wind wafting the smoke about.

VeraBlue said:
Wanna tag team her? I'll be happy to hunt her down and corner her...

Give me the list of ingredients, if you care to. Perhaps I can come up with something over here.

lol, ok, it's a deal. as soon as i found out where she's bartending again, we'll have to have a discusscooking get together, since there seems to be a few more members around "the city" as of late.

as far as the ingredients go, all i can piece together is that for some reason, the chef always made batches of 12 loin and rib pork chops, about an inch to an inch and a half thick, and the marinade consisted of very specific amounts of bay leaves, garlic, sweet sherry (is sweet sherry the same as cream sherry?), and gosling's black seal rum. i think there were also some version of bundled herbs de provence.

ok, getting back on thread: i guess the mixed drinks i've ever been partial to are: frozen margaritas, mai tai, screwdrivers, bloody marys with extra horseradish, long island iced teas, and irish and polish coffees.
oh, i just remembered one, a jersey shore version of a drink called a brain freeze. if done well you should use a large straw, and after pouring the drink into a hurricane glass, the straw is filled with 151 rum. if you forget to stir, you get a little surprise on your first sip.

Banana Brain said:
Can someone please explain to me what it is in alchohol's flavor that you like? To me its just bitter and strong.
That is like asking what it is in vegetables flavor that you like or what it is in fish flavor that you like. There are so many different alcohols and they all taste so different. Gin some people think tastes like pine, dark rum is sweet, a good vodka has very little flavor (some are more subtle than others). Each alcohol is very different and has it's own unique flavor.

BuckyTom - could it be sweet vermouth - not sweet sherry?????? It might make a diff. in the taste.

Favorite drinks: Mudbug - Makers Mark on the rocks is the top of my list.
Margaritas on the rocks, Negro Modelo with Mexican food. Mojitos, and Mojitais - a mojito with banana and coconut rums and pineapple juice added.
Champagne, Cava, or Proseco. Geyser Peak Sparkling Shiraz

:angel: :angel: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Gin, vodka, rum, Yukon Jack, uhmmmmmmmm have I left anything out??????

My ex hubby gave me a huge bottle of Seagrams 7 for Christmas. Geeeeze he knows I don't drink that stuff. I did try, dumped it. The bottle is in storage until I find someone who wants it.:huh:

Back
Top Bottom