Whats your Poison?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any good ideas for the Memorial Day holiday???
7.gif
Well, beer is always a favorite.
10.gif
But what about something thats cold.... wont make you SMASHED.... and is tasty??
23.gif
Im kinda hoping folks not from America might have a special elixer!!

My favourite non alcoholic drink is lime cordial with lemonade and a splash of angostura bitters, very refreshing, even my beer drinking other half likes it.

For alcoholic drinks I don't like beer, unless it is a really hot day and I have been very busy, like mowing the lawn, then I slump like homer simpson on the couch and drink Cascade Premium lager when in Australia, or Stella Artois in England. The only time I have really loved beer is in Amsterdam, the proper Heinekin drank in a brown cafe.

I like cocktails as well. I went to a great cocktail bar in melbourne called Ginger, the cocktail menu is 6 pages long. I had one with Quince liqeur which was amazing.

No one has shared the most embarrassing thing they have done when drunk so I'm not going to either!!!!

Me and hubbie love REAL ENGLISH ALE !..
But as soft drinks go he love s chilled tonic water (low cal :) )

Deadly Sushi said:
Any good ideas for the Memorial Day holiday???
7.gif
Well, beer is always a favorite.
10.gif
But what about something thats cold.... wont make you SMASHED.... and is tasty??
23.gif
Im kinda hoping folks not from America might have a special elixer!!

Corona, with A lime wedge stuffed inside the bottle. A friend told me to add A shot of 'Bacardi limon' to my Corona once. I imagine one would get hammered, if you do this all day.
Skyy vodka and lemonade on the rocks is A good one on A hot summer day.
Bacardi limon & 7-up over ice??mmmmmmmm
Best beer I EVER had, was Hieneken on tap! Oh man, I'm gettin thirsty
SPINBOTT.GIF%20

Hey Sushi, how's your hangover treating you?? When I called you the other day,I had know idea that you spoke the "fluent martion" language!!!!(just kidding!)LOL!hahahahha. Anyway have A great weakend Sushi.

Kyles... I love you! I made that drink you are talking about. I bought the lime cordial. Its REALLY hard to find... and it set me back $23. But its really really good!!!! :D Thanks for the suggestion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15.gif

HOLY COW Sushi!!! $23!!!! I can get it here for $6...and that is Canadian! Want me to send you some? Got to be cheaper even with the postage. My favorite non alcoholic drink is very boring...distilled water. I know...what a dork. As for my favourite alcoholic beverages well the list is considerably longer. If I am lazy I am into Smirnoff Ice which tastes very different here than it does in the US...not sure why...just know it is true. I like to have a nice gin and tonic when I am not lazy and throw in a big slice of lemon mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Here in our house the main choice of alcohol is Coors LIght,,,,,,I am more into trying different things then my huhbby and if you dare to open a bottle of Kalhua and Vodka....I'm gone...mmmm nummy Paralyzers are the best of all...and if short on Vodka I just kick back with a Brown Cow.

I'm so glad you like it, I can't believe the cost of the lime cordial. You could make your own for much less than that!!!! I am trying to teach the bar men of England that drink, all the bars and pubs in Australia sell it.

Oh and don't get me going on Kahlua, I love it!!! Kahlua and coke though is not good, the double caffeine hit is a killer!

DID SOMEONE SAY POISON,WELL THERE'S SOUTHERN COMFORT,OR MAILBU RUM,OR CHAMPAGNE,OR GREY GOOSE VODKA,OR AMERETTO D'SONORO,OR BLACKBERRY MERLOT,OR WHITE ZINFANDEL,OR ANYTHING WONDERFULLY MIXED WITH ALOT OF BOOZE. ;)

My favorite drinks are either Southern Comfort and dr. Pepper or Smirnoff Ice with that cherry flavoring stuff in it. I don't drink too often and I only sometimes drink beer, if I do it's either Budweiser or Bud Light.

Has anyone ever had a Flaming Dr. Pepper? A shot glass of Amaretto topped with 151. Ignite the 151 and drop the shot glass into a pint of lager. Drink immediately! Tastes just like Dr. Pepper but be careful not to set yourself on fire! Most bars around here won't serve it because of fire codes! :shock:

no flaming dr.(that I know of, ;) ) but I had a drink one time in Kowloon,Hong kong,that ,well ,I have a vague memory of a few days,take a medium shot glass,fill with ouzo,the really good, expensive kind,float 8 coffee beans,ignite,let burn a few seconds to get beans "cooking" then down it,beans and all.this drinks gets you coming and going,you don't know if you are getting a buzz or a rush from the caffine. ;)

nope.roasted,you just get whatever coffee beans from your local market,that is whole,and here I guess you could experiment with different flavors as well.heck,you might say the beans end up double roasted. :P

Speaking of poison, try a Screaming Nazi sometime. One part Jagermeister, one part Rumpleminz, warm. Pretty bad but not as bad as it sounds.

let me tell you the story of the Jagarmeister,it goes like this,my roomy and me had this themed halloween party,(the 60's),two of our male friends(couple) came(along with many, a real hippie scene),and good ole Jagermeister showed up, somehow.Now me,I really don't like it,and my roomy,prefers beer,but my two friends introduced themselves to Jagar-WELL! Now the party finally ends about 2 a.m. and everyone leaves, but, are 2 friend stayed longer,HOOKED_ON_JAGAR.well ,sitting around the livingroom,in our 60's clothes,which by the way,was normal everyday style clothes,SCARRY.One of our guest felt warm,and ended up in briefs,ok.I could deal with that,but soon after,his sitting position became a lay down, I'm tired position,Yup,we lost him,OUT! the rest of us still sat around for another hour chit-chatting,when low-and-behold,our sleeping guest was getting pretty friendly with our carpet,if you know what I mean ;) that just tore us up in massive fits of laughter,unbeknown to our HAPPY-HUMPING GUEST,well we decided to move Happy Gilmore to the bedroom,before we all pee our pants with laughter,now,he weighs a good 165 wet,but he felt like 2000,and our own ability to carry was alittle less then perfect,we each tried to grab hold of a limb,that responsed like jelly and carry happy away,but the hallway had evil plans for us,four people at a time was just not acceptable,but we tried anyhow,our friend we now call Harvey,because he was a wallbanger.(get it>Harvey wallbanger) :LOL:

LOL! Sounds like a typical weekend around these parts! A story, if I may. July, 1996. Seven of my buddies and myself rented a beach house for a week on the Outer Banks, mile post 18. I nice quiet vacation on the beach, various bottles of booze floating in the pool and everything is right with the world. Until of course, The Weather Channel (my favorite channel) tells us that the tropical storm just to the east of Cuba has developed into a hurricane and expected to strike Florida. Not so! Two days later, Hurricane Bertha is heading straight for Cape Hatteras and we're watching CNN showing the mass evacuation and figuring our hours are numbered, what do we do? Head for the beach! I am not kidding, there was a beach party stretching from horizon to horizon, people out partying and bonfires everywhere! Bonfires are forbidden on the beach but I guess the beach patrol figured the hurricane would wash everything away. The next morning we had a Dare County Sheriff's Department Mandatory Evacuation Notice taped to our door. We threw the deck furniture into the pool as asked and we were on our way! I'll probably never experience anything like that again!

My most terrifying experience of a hurricane happened when I was 10,and lived in VERO BEACH FL. Now I loved it there,lived 2 mini blocks from the Indian River, less then 1/4 mile from the ocean,HEAVEN>where in my hey day,found myself always there(the river),thinking that I was the best fisherwomen known to man kind(another story),anyhow,though I had a brother,older,he came to live with us when I was 10,and rebelious as hell. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: hated everyone,but grandma,who raised him.well one day I'm down at my favorite place,post hurricane notice,didn't know what it was all about,heck,we just moved from Canada,blizzards yes,this stuff,who knew :?: the wind was getting up there,but I'm a kid,I just thought,wind,seen that in blizzards,well I guess someone decided to get my booty and bring it home, :idea: by now here comes some heavy,did I say heavy rain,couldn't see diddly,and who comes for me,this great brother, :cry: Ok.so we head back home,2 steps foward,8 steps back,pretty much.getting no-where fast,so my hero of a brother :evil: desides to save the girl,here removes his belt and ties me to a stop sign,and leaves,didn't tell me he was going for help or nothing :twisted: So there is me,tied out,watching things fly around,past soaked,and all I kept thinking,since I felt faily certain that I was going to die,was,I'm not in Kansas anymore,and the witch ain't dead,he just left me here.

Back
Top Bottom