"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Alcoholic Drinks

Old 05-29-2004, 11:10 PM   #21
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Any good ideas for the Memorial Day holiday??? Im kinda hoping folks not from America might have a special elixer!!

Old 05-30-2004, 04:25 AM   #22
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to kyles
My favourite non alcoholic drink is lime cordial with lemonade and a splash of angostura bitters, very refreshing, even my beer drinking other half likes it.

For alcoholic drinks I don't like beer, unless it is a really hot day and I have been very busy, like mowing the lawn, then I slump like homer simpson on the couch and drink Cascade Premium lager when in Australia, or Stella Artois in England. The only time I have really loved beer is in Amsterdam, the proper Heinekin drank in a brown cafe.

I like cocktails as well. I went to a great cocktail bar in melbourne called Ginger, the cocktail menu is 6 pages long. I had one with Quince liqeur which was amazing.

No one has shared the most embarrassing thing they have done when drunk so I'm not going to either!!!!

Old 05-30-2004, 11:49 AM   #23
Cook

Me and hubbie love REAL ENGLISH ALE !..
But as soft drinks go he love s chilled tonic water (low cal :) )

Old 05-30-2004, 12:24 PM   #24
Executive Chef

Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Sushi
Any good ideas for the Memorial Day holiday??? Well, beer is always a favorite. But what about something thats cold.... wont make you SMASHED.... and is tasty?? Im kinda hoping folks not from America might have a special elixer!!
Corona, with A lime wedge stuffed inside the bottle. A friend told me to add A shot of 'Bacardi limon' to my Corona once. I imagine one would get hammered, if you do this all day.
Skyy vodka and lemonade on the rocks is A good one on A hot summer day.
Bacardi limon & 7-up over ice??mmmmmmmm
Best beer I EVER had, was Hieneken on tap! Oh man, I'm gettin thirsty

Hey Sushi, how's your hangover treating you?? When I called you the other day,I had know idea that you spoke the "fluent martion" language!!!!(just kidding!)LOL!hahahahha. Anyway have A great weakend Sushi.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:10 AM   #25
Master Chef

Well, the hangover is GONE!!!! I feel normal now. Thank God. Thanks for asking! :D
Old 05-31-2004, 08:28 PM   #26
Master Chef

Kyles... I love you! I made that drink you are talking about. I bought the lime cordial. Its REALLY hard to find... and it set me back $23. But its really really good!!!! :D Thanks for the suggestion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-31-2004, 10:19 PM   #27
Everymom

HOLY COW Sushi!!! $23!!!! I can get it here for $6...and that is Canadian! Want me to send you some? Got to be cheaper even with the postage. My favorite non alcoholic drink is very boring...distilled water. I know...what a dork. As for my favourite alcoholic beverages well the list is considerably longer. If I am lazy I am into Smirnoff Ice which tastes very different here than it does in the US...not sure why...just know it is true. I like to have a nice gin and tonic when I am not lazy and throw in a big slice of lemon mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Old 06-01-2004, 02:48 PM   #28
Head Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to tancowgirl2000
Here in our house the main choice of alcohol is Coors LIght,,,,,,I am more into trying different things then my huhbby and if you dare to open a bottle of Kalhua and Vodka....I'm gone...mmmm nummy Paralyzers are the best of all...and if short on Vodka I just kick back with a Brown Cow.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:55 PM   #29
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to kyles
I'm so glad you like it, I can't believe the cost of the lime cordial. You could make your own for much less than that!!!! I am trying to teach the bar men of England that drink, all the bars and pubs in Australia sell it.

Oh and don't get me going on Kahlua, I love it!!! Kahlua and coke though is not good, the double caffeine hit is a killer!
Old 06-06-2004, 12:26 AM   #30
Cook

Send a message via MSN to flame Send a message via Yahoo to flame
DID SOMEONE SAY POISON,WELL THERE'S SOUTHERN COMFORT,OR MAILBU RUM,OR CHAMPAGNE,OR GREY GOOSE VODKA,OR AMERETTO D'SONORO,OR BLACKBERRY MERLOT,OR WHITE ZINFANDEL,OR ANYTHING WONDERFULLY MIXED WITH ALOT OF BOOZE.