Whats your Poison?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Elf! :) Hey.... I didnt make a jerk out of myself yesterday either! Whewww!
1.gif

Glad to hear you didn't do anything irreparable Sushi. Just remember that drinking is recreational...not therapeutic and you will be alright. See my post about my deck...definitely recreational!

Alix said:
See my post about my deck...definitely recreational!
Hey Sushi, want to swing with me on Alix's porch swingy thingy? (Just teasing Alix--Just about everything in my house is a thingy. And everyone had better know exactly which thingy I am talking about at any given time too!!)

:) Barbara

We did stain it...cape cod grey. Now...no one is allowed to spill grape juice on it to further stain it!

Homer Simpson once said "Alcohol! The Cause and Solution to All of Lifes Problems". Its the most popular way for people to relax around the world. Wine. Beer. Liquor. Schnapps. Spirits.
54.gif

Twist of lime; on the rocks; straight up; shaken, not stirred; blended; sprig of mint; stalk of celery; garnish with a orange wedge; pour it in a stein; just the bottle, thanks...; no salt on the rim.
Whether you are on the porch in your favorite rocking chair, or in a dance club with 8 of your friends...
26.gif

What are some of your VERY favorite drinks?
When & where you enjoy it the most?
Have the recipe?
What is the most trouble you have gotten into because of alcohol?

Pull up a chair! What'll ya have?
10.gif

I had a vodka lemonade at the Aladdin in Vegas. It was delicious and gave a nice buzz.

Ordered one at a sports bar last night, with an extra shot for $1.00.
They used pink lemonade.

The drink had no taste at all. I couldn't taste lemon OR the booze.
And no buzz either. It was a happy hour well drink, but I still expected better than that.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Im into Mexican beer lately. Am I alone on this one? I LOVE em!!!
33.gif
My husband has been into Mexican beer lately too. Just don't forget our conversation last weekend. 'Nuff said. ;)

:) Barbara

Im afraid to try anything OUT of Canada.....not even Corona and I mean theres a LOT of people that drink it here.....oh no,,,,I'm a chicken poop!

I like the bitter european beers and Ciroq vodka. I like Ciroq ice cold and straight. Never got a taste for mixed drinks, but I do seem to have a palate for great vodkas. Prior to Ciroq, I liked Grey Goose.

i love margaritas, frozen, and minus the salt. also red-headed-sluts ('scuse my language). and jaegermeister VERY cold, and vodka and tomato juice. minus the tabasco, but it's good w/ worcestershire and some pepper. and valpolicella is good.

Its gotta be a vodka martini and I have been fiddling around with various olive stuffings for the drink.

Weekends are big drinking days:
Mimosas before noon run into bloody marys by lunch. If there is yard work, then a beer is in the freezer as my reward for hard work. Martinis at 4 and then we slide into a glass of wine at dinner.

I don't like wine so I stick with beer & a few mixed drinks. My beer of choice is Michelob Ultra. As far as other drinks, I love a good Madris(vodka, orange juice, & cranberry juice). I don't drink anything with Sloe Gin. Had a very bad experience with that one & the smell of it makes me cringe(let's just say that I learned the hard way not to drink it straight after having a shot contest. I won that BTW). My other fav is a Girl Scout Cookie( I posted the recipe earlier today in beverages). But I will try anything once!

I was very close with my Gramma and when I was old enough we had a heart-to-heart about drinking. She told me if was going to drink in a social setting, it should be a good Scotch. She explained that a scotch drinker was a quiet drunk...as a quiet drunk, you don't bring shame to the family name!

Can you imagine? I just love that!

Yes Barbara.
6.gif
Im not drinking any hard liquer. I have a bit of a problem when doing so. Especially vodka. I drink WAY to much and get myself into trouble.
54.gif
I dont have that problem with beer. I dont get...... unconscience. And I dont act outside of my morals. Though, I DO laugh at my jokes more.
1.gif

Back
Top Bottom