Whew.. bourbon should almost be illegal..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ohmy:

I am *SO* checking the liquor cabinet when I get home to make sure you didn't get my bottle of Bookers! :-p

And pay no attention to that even older bottle of Woodruff right next to it. Or the Eagle Rare. :wacko:

Personally, I like most all of them. Just finished off a bottle of Bulleit this past weekend. Next up, I think, is a bottle of Evan Williams.

Bulleit is WONDERFUL! I already drank your bottle of Woodruff and loved it, thankyou. Just keep away from my Basil Hayden. Don't even look at it.

The secret to Knob creek is a tablespoon of water...
It really tames the edges and brings out the flavor..

I'll try that, thanks.

I like Grey Goose straigt too, but I need to shake the crud out of it with ice first. Actually goes real good with a nice stogie. The two flavors were meant for one another.

Bulleit is WONDERFUL!
I really think part of the appeal is the "old west" style bottle with the raised glass lettering. I'm using a picture of it as my avatar at The Pit right now.

I already drank your bottle of Woodruff and loved it, thankyou. Just keep away from my Basil Hayden. Don't even look at it.

Did not!! :-p

Just for Vera.... "The childuns..." ;)
2532464112_54ed264508.jpg

I really think part of the appeal is the "old west" style bottle with the raised glass lettering. I'm using a picture of it as my avatar at The Pit right now.

Did not!! :-p

Just for Vera.... "The childuns..." ;)
2532464112_54ed264508.jpg

I'm afraid I'll have to sue for custody.

I'm ready for my cocktail now, Mr. DeMille.

In how much bourbon>>>????

1tbls per 1.5oz.... A really old bourbon drinker taught me that. He said if its harsh add a 1 tbls of good water per jigger, it'll smooth it right out and brighten some of the flavors. It doesn't work for all bourbons, but on others it's almost magic!

If you want a bourbon with a completely different (but in my opinion Really good) edge on it. Try Elijah Craig 18yo.

It's one that you will either like or you won't. Do NOT add water to it, it will go bitter...

1tbls per 1.5oz.... A really old bourbon drinker taught me that. He said if its harsh add a 1 tbls of good water per jigger, it'll smooth it right out and brighten some of the flavors. It doesn't work for all bourbons, but on others it's almost magic!

So 1 Tbls (.5 oz) of water in 1.5 oz of Knob Creek (100 proof bourbon)
At that dilutioin rate you will have a 75 Proof Bourbon Cocktail of sorts....Definitely weak, smooth, and not much flavor....

So 1 Tbls (.5 oz) of water in 1.5 oz of Knob Creek (100 proof bourbon)
At that dilutioin rate you will have a 75 Proof Bourbon Cocktail of sorts....Definitely weak, smooth, and not much flavor....

ooops..meant tsp.

I almost never type teaspoon out as a measurement.. Yes a tablespoon pretty much kills it..

I really need to preview my posts..

ooops..meant tsp.

I almost never type teaspoon out as a measurement.. Yes a tablespoon pretty much kills it..

I really need to preview my posts..

A teaspoon is mo better....That would put your 100 proof Knobb Creek down to about 90 proof...Still good (neat) sipping whiskey. Next pour...just add a few drops...that all it takes sometimes to open up the flavors..

Enjoy In Moderation!!

Basil Hayden, mmmmmm hmmmm, it's like s*x in a glass...

I'm going to have to try some of the others mentioned, but it'll take something special to replace the Basil!

:heart:
Z

Last edited:
hahaha I'd make a comment about size not mattering, but would hate to get into trouble or censored or chastised ...

:angel:
Z

Truer words have nver been spoken.........

Miss June if you liked the Single Barrel Jack...next time try some George Dickel Barrel Select. Of the two Tenneessee Whiskeys (not bourbons) The Dickel is pure nectar...You'll be pouring the JD on fire ant hills...:LOL:

Cheers...

Just a little bit longer till Cocktail hour....;)

Hrmm... so Dickel Barrel select is better than JD single barrel? I really hate regular ole JD, but I quite like their single barrel.

For bourbon, Elijah Craig is my mainstay for affordable. If I have a little more money (or a good bit more), I like Pappy Van Winkle's. I was kind of disappointed with Blanton's. I had Booker's right after it and liked it about as much as Blanton's. It's not that they were bad, I guess I had just built them up from what others had told me.

Last edited:
Billdolfski said:
Hrmm... so Dickel Barrel select is better than JD single barrel? I really hate regular ole JD, but I quite like their single barrel.

Yep...IMHO there is nothing but pure "swill" coming out of the Lynchburg Distillery these days! The vast majority of bourbon drinkers I know prefer The Dickel expressions when they need theirTenneesee Whiskey fix!

In the end....Drink what you like, and what you can afford!

Enjoy!

If you want a bourbon with a completely different (but in my opinion Really good) edge on it. Try Elijah Craig 18yo.

It's one that you will either like or you won't. Do NOT add water to it, it will go bitter...

+1000. This is my new favorite bourbon. Amazing stuff.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom