White wine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
I finally found a white wine I truely love.....[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Verdenge, White Zinfandel, California. I was very surprised when I found out how cheap it was. I'd discovered it about 3 weeks ago when we stayed at a Drury Inn Suite.....they offered 3 free drinks in the evening and nothing they offered caught my eye except for the wine so I thought I'd give it a try. Other whites I've tried were too alcholic tasting and always took my breath for those first few sips. This was really smooth and fruity. I'm hooked. Anyone else tried this? Anyone cook with this? What could I use it in when cooking? Here is a description of it: A beautiful Salmon pink, off-dry rose with attractive Strawberry aromas and palate with fresh zingy acidity.[/font][/font][/font]

pink champagne cakes

Brianschef said:
How about a variation of Pink Champagne Cakes? Betcha that would be delish!!

Hi,
What are "pink champagne cakes"? Got a recipe? Sounds good. Thanks.

medicated

That's great that you found a wine you like so much. Enjoy!

I would be careful cooking with it as it's fairly sweet and that could effect dishes.

However, there's nothing wrong with experimenting a little!

It'll give you an excuse to open another bottle!!!

Sizz, I have been drinking the Vendange merlot lately (also cheap here) and enoying it very much. Not as good as my fave Chateau St. Michelle, but for the price it's definitely a perfect kitchen-sippin' wine.

cheap

Appreciate your sharing your opinion with me. I go to the store and read labels and wind up not liking something and then it sits. If you tried this and liked it Possibly I will too. Since it is not expensive that is even better. Thanks all.

Got It

Sizz got the wine. do you think it is better cold? Wish it had screw cap but has cork. Is this the right one?

Back
Top Bottom