Who Likes Beer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks GB. I have a beer I love, Shock Top and others I drink at all other times. You can love one beer but like the rest. I do hate Coors, but I know people who love it. The statement of SixSix210 makes no sense. 3000 available breweries in America??? I seriously don't think so.

Anyone like any of the 3 Floyds brands? They're local... so I should like them, but I have yet to try one that really gets me.

Goose Island on the other hand. Yummers.

I wish I could find 3 Floyds here. You should mail me a case!

I just brewed a batch of CHimay style Belgian Strong Dark ale with my dad, he did most of the work and I just took notes. Its going to be very very good.

I just popped in to say, I LIKE BEER!
Ane then I couldn't take my eyes off of billdolfski's avatar..... Dang, that looks like chicken fried steak, which I just learned to make and absolutely love.... and then I saw his sig :LOL:

Funny I haven't posted here before, but beer is practically all I drink now in the form of alcohol. I bought a kegorator and love it as much as chicken fried steak :wub:......:LOL:
Good and simple works for me, like the food I eat. I like draft beer. I like Bud. I'm fast approaching 50, so Bud Light on tap works for me :cool: In a 23 oz glass of course.

I like beer. In fact, I'm having some Tecate tonight.

img_670238_0_df710b911cf249d82eb9200893acafdb.jpg

i don't drink much of anything on a regular basis. but nothing, nothing tastes as good as an ice cold corona with a twist of lime in it. on a hot sunny calif. afternoon, it can't be beat.

my granddaughter worked awhile as a bartender she said she met a lot of beer snobs. lol

babe:LOL:

I can't bring myself to like beer no matter how hard I try. When I was little I used to like to watch football on tv with my Dad and he loved his beer. I would constantly ask him for some. He would tell me to wait until he was almost finished with it and then he would hold it until it got really warm and then give it to me. Ever since then everytime I taste beer it tastes just like that warm beer when I was a kid and I can't seem to get past it.

I love beer! I only drink Bud, always did. That's all my dad drank and it's all my 3 brothers drink too. My oldest brother lives a block away from the Anheuser-Busch factory in St. Louis. You know it's the "King of Beers". lol

Your statement still does not make sense to me though.

Makes perfect sense to me. A lot of people say, "I don't like beer." My best friend's wife says this. My response is, "You haven't tried the right beer."

There are more types of beer than there are types of wine. I've had people say, "I hate beer" and then turn around and drink a Smirnoff Ice. Ummmm... That's *beer.* It's a malt beverage. It's produced in a beer brewery. It starts out as *beer.*

I've turned wine people on to lambics. I've turned liquor fans on to such high grav beers as barleywine. If somebody has a taste for alcohol, and they say they don't like beer, they usually haven't tried the right beer yet.

The thing that does not makes sense about the statement though phinz is that SixSix210 is saying that so many people do

Here is what does not make sense about the statement though phinz. SixSix210 is saying that so many people on this thread answered that they like bud, coors, etc. SixSix210 then said that no wonder so many people do not like beer when the first beers they drank were bud, coors, etc. The problem I have with the statement is that these people are saying they like beer, not that they do not like it. Not to mention that bud, coors and the like are some of the highest selling beers in the US. People obviously like them or they would not outsell all the other beers out there.

I don't like the bitter taste of beer. :chef:

Ahhh... but not all beer is bitter. :mrgreen:

As Phinz correctly pointed out, there are far more styles of beer than there are wine. Some are extremely bitter, some (most) aim for a degree of balance, and some are more malty/sweet than bitter. And then there are other styles that are more "roasty" featuring flavors closer to a coffee or chocolate, as well as some that feature next to no bitterness in favor of a sweet/sour balance (kinda like a sweet tart).

Of course, not liking beer is completely acceptable too. Some people just don't like it.

Ahhh... but not all beer is bitter. :mrgreen:

As Phinz correctly pointed out, there are far more styles of beer than there are wine. Some are extremely bitter, some (most) aim for a degree of balance, and some are more malty/sweet than bitter. And then there are other styles that are more "roasty" featuring flavors closer to a coffee or chocolate, as well as some that feature next to no bitterness in favor of a sweet/sour balance (kinda like a sweet tart).

Of course, not liking beer is completely acceptable too. Some people just don't like it.

In which case they should start a thread; Who doesn't like beer?
;)

If it is icy cold, I can usually tolerate a beer. I prefer mexican varieties of beer, but normally don't drink it. I cook with it more than anything.

My Dad has a new (old) favorite beer again.

A recent return to the brewing scene....
schlitz-beer-posters.jpg

Speaking of beer - after approximately 5 years of mysteriously disappearing from the shelves of every single market & beverage center in my area, my hands-down favorite - "Yuengling Porter" - has made a sudden & much-welcomed reappearance all over the place. Even in markets that never carried it to begin with. Go figure. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom