Who Likes Beer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A reason to drink cheap, light beers that aren't particularly good, that need lime, orange, salt, or other additives to make them drinkable...

Going to spend 12 hours in a pool hall, you know the manager, and he gives you a 50% discount on the pitchers if you get rid of some of the poor selling cheap beer (on top of free pool).... when you're low on cash.

If I had all the money in the world, I'd drink real, good black&tan's... or make sure the bar is stocked with a few good meads. (mmmmmm.... mulled mead)

Beer is like wine, I can alway find the right flavor for the mood I'm in. My friends like beer too, so I alway have the cheap stuff around for them.

I've slap slap slap been drinking more wine than beer lately. It's cheaper slap slap slap, and I'm not left bloated slap slap slap.

Lately I've been favoring a bottle of Sauv Blanc, Rose Chablis and a Cab Sauv.

Last night, much wine was needed, so I grabbed my new bottle of Sauv Blanc and what did I see......no wine bottle opener!!!!!! Oh the Horrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrror!!!

A reason to drink cheap, light beers that aren't particularly good, that need lime, orange, salt, or other additives to make them drinkable...

Going to spend 12 hours in a pool hall, you know the manager, and he gives you a 50% discount on the pitchers if you get rid of some of the poor selling cheap beer (on top of free pool).... when you're low on cash.

Oh definitely. This is when I, personally, will do Tecate's or Coronas. I don't drink domestics. If Budweiser was the only thing around, I wouldn't drink. If Budlight was an option, I might. But I wouldn't be happy about it, as I burped and farted my way to the toilet.

If I had all the money in the world, I'd drink real, good black&tan's...
and I'd be right there by your side.

Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale has to be one of my old favorites. Everything I have tried by Samuel Smith was great!!!

I love Samuel Smith beers!!!

I had this place I used to frequent in Portland Maine called Raoul's Roadside Attraction. The caried tons of beer and you could get a passport and drink your way through the planet you get a tee-shirt (expensive yes) but when I got to the beers of GB I found SS to be one of the best I have ever had. BTW I never got the tee-shirt but I did have some interesting beer. They also had darts, pool and some off the wall live performers. The place was a true raodhouse.

There's a place here in Tampa that does 'Drink 99 different beers in 90 nights to go around the world."... finishing in time (90 days) and you get your name added to their board.

Do this 9 times, and you get your name engraved on a bar stool, and bar rules are you own that stool. This means if you come in, and its busy and standing room only, you can walk over, and tell the person to get out of your seat. The managers and bartenders will enforce it. (A buddy of mine asked for his seat from someone, and they refused... then the guy got angry when the manager told him to give up the seat... resulted in the angry drunk being trespassed off the property)

That is kind of cool, but if it were me who was asked to vacate the seat that would be the last time I ever went to that place.

If someone came in and asked to swap you seats, pointing their name out, and told you about the way they do their 'around the world' for board and seat, you'd never come back? The place is very infrequently full, usually only during dart league nights (and then the visitors like to drag bar stools over to the dart boards... doubles as a way to get bar stools back to the bar)

The only time it really gets hairy is the rare instance of the belligerent drunk like my friend ran into.

If someone came in and asked to swap you seats, pointing their name out, and told you about the way they do their 'around the world' for board and seat, you'd never come back?
That's right. Talk about making someone feel unwelcome. Hey that's my seat, you cant sit there. Now if the place was empty enough that I could easily get another seat then fine I would probably move (but not go back), but if it was busy or I was with a group of friends who were all sitting there then you better believe I would put up a fight, drunk or not and then I would absolutely not be back. I think that is a very rude thing to do to a paying customer. It tells me that they value me less than someone else and they have every right to feel that way about someone that brings them that much business, but then I have every right to choose to spend my money at an establishment that values me as much as the next person.

I work in a wine/beer shop - we have the largest selection of beer in one place in the state of North Carolina - - - - - - and I don't like beer :sick: I like cider as long as it's not too sweet. I'm old enough to have acquired a taste for it if I was ever going to. I REALLY wish I did like it.

Where at? I remember a place in Charlotte at University Place that had a huge selection of Beer and Wine. I miss that place.

does it bother any of you when you're watching tv or a movie, and the characters grab a beer and you can't make out the bottle? It bothers me. I must know what they're drinking.

Texas, if they are anything like the Black Russians, I think I'll stay away, thank you.
The last time I had one, when I was 19 years old, I was at a party in a house on Lake Dallas. I remember eating Floating Island, then drinking a Black Russian. The next thing I knew, I woke up on the deck of a yacht on the lake and the sun was coming up. Thankfully, I still had all my clothes on. :wacko:

I don't think it was the Blac Russian. I think someone drugged you.

beer is not made to taste skunky... it skunks when it has been improperly stored handled etc... you want skunk go to a frat house at your local university on Monday and tap into Saturday's keg....or stick that loosie beer from your trunk... the one that escaped the cooler... back on ice the next day and take a swig,

Heineken.. always seems a bit skunkish to me... but that is part of its charm

The reason Heineken has the skunky taste is the Tettanger hop, which is a strong german hop known especially for the qualities. If its in the sun for an extended period of time, that intensifies.

Corona has more of a harsh astringency due to using certain cheap grains, corn and hops with little malt backing, plus if you put it in clear bottles and keep it outside, good lord, we do have a skunking! (to a bad beer anyway!)

So yes, the sun will skunk your beer. But sometimes, a small taste of "skunk" is a type of hop, try a different beer from another brewery if you don't like the hop profile.

Also drinking a 5 day old keg will not skunk, if anything it will get moldy and smell like super sweet vinegar. If you remove the tap and keep the keg cold it will curb that.

Words to the wise...

My 2 cents anyway, CHEERS

I like beer, it's not my first choice, but I do like it. My first choice is a good single malt Scotch, then wine, then beer. My favorites would be a nice and hearty Guinness Extra Stout if I'm feeling hearty, or a good crisp German beer like Warstiener if in a lighter mood. I don't drink domestics anymore, they just don't appeal, if I'm tight on money I'll pick up Heineken.

Back
Top Bottom