Who Likes Beer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jkath said:
1/2 fresh, homemade lemonade and 1/2 beer.

In North Germany that is called "Alster" and in the south "Radler"... you get it almost everywhere, bottled or fresh made... with alkohol or without... variations with coke, orange limo, Altbier etc....
I like it during the summer, when I am reallly thirsty, it's a good thirst-killer..

I like Hefeweizen quite much, always take it when we are out... Paulaner, weihenstephan, Erdinger, Sammeth or Guthmann's....
not so much the "real" beer, maybe a Hasseroeder...

While I certainly cannot hold my own against Ronjohn, I sure do love beer. I mostly stick to microbrews, but not exclusively. Some that are usually in my fridge at any given time are Sam Adams, Harpoon, Sierra Nevada, Long Trail, Guinness, Bass, just to name a very few. There is as much variety in beer these days as there is in wine.

grumblebee said:
The only beer I like is Belgian beer, like Achel. They also make some delicious fruit beers, like Mirabel de Troch (fermented with plums) and Fraise de Troch (fermented with strawberries)

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about... but I know they have fruit flavored beer-esque beverages from that region called Lambics. If anybody ever bothers to read about the naturally occurring yeast in the area and the fermentation processs, it's actually quite interesting. I usually don't drink lambic straight though, I'll use about 2 oz to flavor a bottle of stout.

Can't stand the stuff... :angel:

and if you believe that, I have a bridge for sale.

Erdinger Kristal Klaar
Stone Imperial Stout
Arrogant Bastard
Double Bastard
Mackeson's XXX Stout
Guinness
Boddingtons
Saranac IPA
Stone IPA
Ruination IPA
Rogue Dead Guy
Rogue Mocha Porter
Abita Turbo Dog
Highland Oatmeal Stout
Skullsplitter
Stone Smoked Porter
Anchor Steam
Anchor Porter
Weeping Radish Corolla Gold
Weeping Radish Fest
Black Radish
Shiner Bock
Kostritzer (sp?)
Weihenstephaner
Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout
Old Tadcaster
Schlafly Porter
Peg Leg
Backfin
Magic Hat #9
Voodoo Crimson
Voodoo Blackened

And many, many, many more. I'm picky, but also very open minded. Don't like lambics, though, and not many fruit beers of any kind. I do like pumpkin ale, though.

Last edited:
Billdolfski said:
I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about... but I know they have fruit flavored beer-esque beverages from that region called Lambics. If anybody ever bothers to read about the naturally occurring yeast in the area and the fermentation processs, it's actually quite interesting. I usually don't drink lambic straight though, I'll use about 2 oz to flavor a bottle of stout.
Sam Adams comes out with Cranberry Lambic aound Thanksgiving every year. It is great stuff. I am usually not crazy about fruity beers, but this one is very good!

GB said:
Sam Adams comes out with Cranberry Lambic aound Thanksgiving every year. It is great stuff. I am usually not crazy about fruity beers, but this one is very good!

Blech!!! :sick: That Sam Adams stuff is NOT a lambic!!! :-p (Actually, it's not that bad, but it isn't really a lambic - but that's more of an appellation discussion).

Yes, I like beer. I drink beer. I make beer. I judge beer in competitions. At one point, I had over 250 gallons of beer at the house (5 gallons is about equal to two cases of 12oz longnecks).

I haven't taken an inventory lately, but I can at least vouch for the 30 gallons in the fermenters (a cream ale, a pale ale, a gueuze lambic and a frambois lambic). Plus a case and a half of barleywine. Next up is probably a batch of strong belgian golden ale.

John

cranberry, GB? Where was I when that was at the store? Darn! Looks like I'll have to keep my eyes out for that one! (oh yes, and pumpkin ale - finally tried it. Very yummy aftertaste)

That Sam Adams one was the first time I had ever heard of Lambic. Actually I thought it was just a name they made up lol. I will have to try the real stuff when I get the chance!

aaaaaaaaaah phinz stop it!!!! math hurts my head!!!!!!

(PS - you like the dead guy ale, eh? I keep thinking my h ought to try it, for the name alone - he works at a cemetary)

phinz said:
Well, at around 8 lbs. a gallon, with 250 gallons at your house, I would definitely say you have at *least* a ton.

You know, I never thought of it like that before. Makes me think I had best reinforce the shelf that I keep the fermenters on!!

John

Water actually weighs more like 10 lbs a gallon. I was estimating alchohol weighing less, but most beer is primarily water. Gasoline, iirc, weghs closer to 8 lbs. a gallon. Given 10 lbs. a gallon, you're looking at 2500 lbs, not including the carboy.

My hubby and son have been practicing their Snakbite and Black and Tan recipes for St Patty's Day.They also just found out their favorite outlet now carries Smithwicks-They are 2 very happy dudes.Of course I think you know my opinion of beer though!!;)

do like beer. have great micro breweries in my area...not just great beer, but great food too! got a buddie who brews his own at home...very fine...we call it steveweiser!

and of course it's grest to cook with...adds zip to chili, goes in my venison stew, and a beef and onion stew from Belgium! not to mention what it can do to a cheese sauce!

Back
Top Bottom