"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Alcoholic Drinks

Old 07-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #211
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
Back FURTHER! I was employed up until 1972 when I had first child. Busch IV do you think he is good businessman? All information about him is he is playboy. Do you know Busch IV assistant?
No, to the assistant. I know a manager at Sea World. He is a total player and he's basically what I attribute this take over situation to. If he had been a family man, like his father and grandfather, I think he would have run the business better. His morals and ethics are just "different" because of the silver spoon he's had all his life and the fact that he isn't settled.

You do go way back. That's amazing.

Quote:
How well do you know Busch IV? No wonder you have interest in this brand of beer. The time I was working there, we could go down the hall to a tap in a beer stube and drink it at our desks. No more!
Mine was a passing aquaintance. It was basically that I was visiting Sea World so much that I got to meet him a few times because it seemed every time he was there, so were we. Auggie III was definitely nicer and would tease people about how they liked their beer poured with no foam. He would pour at the hospitality tent and require you accept a 1" head of foam. He really was fun to patrons but employees were scared of him.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:47 PM   #212
Executive Chef

Well, when I first started working there, Mr. Busch, JR was coming down the hall and everyone knew it and started showing their excitement. Was certainly obvious like the Pope was in the building. Anyway, he came by where I was standing and one the guys introduced me as new employee He shook my hand and made me feel important. Next time I saw him I thought he surely would not remember me! AS he passed he said good morning Jan and i almost fell through the floor. Never has anyone impressed me as he did. He had character, respect, and definitely expected you to do the same.

His son however, Busch III had to work in the brewery when he first start ed as his father wanted him to learn some background work before he took over job in office. I think this was good idea but really no one who worked with him when he first started had no idea he was Busch's son. Most were shocked after they found out. Now Busch IV was put in important job right away. Busch assistant is my nephew through marriage. I just wonder what will happen to his job now that Busch has been put in different position. I really just always t ook for granted that AB would be here forever. I know most of the people are worried about their jobs now for sure. Nothing definite anymore. Way our government wants it.

Thanks for the response, I was worried you thought I was crazy or something.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:11 PM   #213
Executive Chef

Quote:
Well, when I first started working there, Mr. Busch, JR was coming down the hall and everyone knew it and started showing their excitement. Was certainly obvious like the Pope was in the building. Anyway, he came by where I was standing and one the guys introduced me as new employee He shook my hand and made me feel important. Next time I saw him I thought he surely would not remember me! AS he passed he said good morning Jan and i almost fell through the floor. Never has anyone impressed me as he did. He had character, respect, and definitely expected you to do the same.

His son however, Busch III had to work in the brewery when he first start ed as his father wanted him to learn some background work before he took over job in office. I think this was good idea but really no one who worked with him when he first started had no idea he was Busch's son. Most were shocked after they found out. Now Busch IV was put in important job right away. Busch assistant is my nephew through marriage. I just wonder what will happen to his job now that Busch has been put in different position. I really just always t ook for granted that AB would be here forever. I know most of the people are worried about their jobs now for sure. Nothing definite anymore. Way our government wants it.
Exactly, hence the silver spoon comment. IV got it all handed to him and he is so responsible for the company being pee'd away. Auggie III wasn't a bad guy, his son was not raised well.

You're right about the jobs thing. My friends at SW are crazy nervous as well as their spouses at AB San Diego.

And, no, I never thought you were crazy.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:14 PM   #214
Assistant Cook

i have been known to guzzle a Boggs now-n-then
Old 07-22-2008, 12:18 PM   #215
Assistant Cook

Anyone like any of the 3 Floyds brands? They're local... so I should like them, but I have yet to try one that really gets me.

Goose Island on the other hand. Yummers.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:15 PM   #216
Senior Cook

Location: NJ for the moment, heading south next spring to be with my family.
It's a shame. There are so many great beers out there, and so many people posted 'bud,coors.corona,hieny,' ugh. no wonder more people don't like beer when their first ones are always some cheap skunky nasty mass produced disaster. Yuck.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #217
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSix210 View Post
so many people posted 'bud,coors.corona,hieny,' ugh. no wonder more people don't like beer when their first ones are always some cheap skunky nasty mass produced disaster.
This statement really makes no sense. The people that posted Bud, Coors, Corona, etc. said that they like them, not that they don't.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:22 PM   #218
Head Chef

Yeah... ignorance is bliss!
hahahahahahahahahaha
Old 07-22-2008, 05:01 PM   #219
Senior Cook

Location: NJ for the moment, heading south next spring to be with my family.
lol. there is something near 3000 breweries in the U.S. For me all of the domestic big company beers are all just nasty. Occasionally as a party beer, they are passable, but otherwise... yuck. There are way to many good beers out there for me. IMHO it's akin to going to McDonalds and expecting filet mignon. Most people who dislike beer that I know all say the same thing, they tried one of these mass produced cheap-o beers and hated it. Now they are convinced that they hate beer. ;-) make better sense? If not I'll go buy a nice six pack and try again later
Old 07-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #220
Chief Eating Officer

Your statement still does not make sense to me though. You stated that so many people posted bud, coors, etc and then went on in the same breath to say that is the reason so many people say they do not like beer. That is not the case though. Those people who said coors, bud, etc said they did like those beers.

Do not millions and millions of people buy and enjoy bud each year? There are obviously a LARGE amount of people drinking it and enjoying it. These mass produced beers outsell the micro brews many times over. Obviously there are plenty of people who must enjoy those beers. I am not one. I like the small brewery micro brews myself, but More people than not enjoy and continue to but the buds and coors out there.