Who Likes Beer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sydfan said:
I love beer!!!!!!!! I just picked up a 12 pack of Pilsner Urquell. 'Tis good stuff!

:)

Indeed it is. This is the only light beer I drink. I only like dark beer.

okkk here is a shocker.. I have never tasted beer... actually it kinda stinks to me..
When I was in Washington.. I lived right across a hop field... the hops are actually neat looking when they are growing.. but in the winter ( they harvest them Labor day weekend) it looks kinda bad, cause its just a huge field with poles... and in the fall.. the usually dump the leftover hop stuff, and it fermits in the field and kinda stinks.. too much information?????

Beer, beer, beautiful beer. If beer didn't exist the World would stop turning!

Love the stuff. I'm a bit of a Barney Gumble myself.

Brewed my own for quite a while until DW banned the practice because I would argue with the TV after a couple of bottles (strong stuff)......

Not real keen on 'Bud', but will gulp it if nothing else available. It's about the only US beer I've tasted.

The Board of our Aero Club appointed me Bar Manager - silly sods.

Like appointing Ronny Biggs (the great train robber) Bank Manager of the Bank of England.

Billdolfski said:
I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about... but I know they have fruit flavored beer-esque beverages from that region called Lambics. If anybody ever bothers to read about the naturally occurring yeast in the area and the fermentation processs, it's actually quite interesting. I usually don't drink lambic straight though, I'll use about 2 oz to flavor a bottle of stout.

Yeah... Lambics are the ones I am talking about. I like drinking them straight... my brother in law thinks I am weird because I do, but oh well... I am weird! Hehe :rolleyes:

Count me in.

I've been on a Warsteiner, Bitburger and Beck's Dark kick. But my favorite beer is literally in a class by itself, Duvel Special Ale.

img_240557_0_c04bd7bf5827a492fe419f1e31f3fd90.jpg

When I first moved to Milwaukee I thought it was the beer capital due to the manufacturing but soon found out that was not true it is due to the consumption. You simply will have a hard time living in Milwaukee if you do not like beer. My son sells Miller and fortunately that is my favorite, Miller High Life. I did not realize how much I liked beer until I was in England for a spell and could not get any good beer. Then there was the time I was on retreat in Mexico and without beer for a long time. There was just enough time at the airport before my flight took off and yes they had Miller right there in Mexico City!

buckytom said:
often one of the first things a perfect woman says... :)

umm, i've been known to tip a few.

and yeah, where's don ronjohn, godfather o' the suds?

The second perfect thing she says is - i really dont' like beer - it's allllll yours :mrgreen:

The only thing I have ever liked beer for was killing snails and slugs. Like I've said before, I'm backwards--I'm half Swedish and don't like coffee and half German and don't like beer! :sick: My husband likes one now and then though.

:) Barbara

Gosh Bucky!!!! It's taken you all this time to figure out I'm pefect?
x
xx
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
1.gif

(my husband hears me laughing - he wants to talk to you :kiss: But I won't let him! He says if I just enjoyed housecleaning, doing bathrooms, doing laundry, working outside in the yard, could fix a few things around the house. Night Buckster :smartass:

Crash said:
Count me in.

I've been on a Warsteiner, Bitburger and Beck's Dark kick. But my favorite beer is literally in a class by itself, Duvel Special Ale.

Yep, BJCP category 18D! Belgian Golden Strong Ale. When it lists commercial examples of the style, Duvel is the first one mentioned. Love the stuff myself, too!

John

rofl run-out!!!! that is great, i can't wait to use that one in the pub. thanks.

umm, elfie, tell him bucky went to ireland. he should look there.

This has been fun to read!

I'm a beer guy, but Mrs. Big Dog won't let me drink. I sneak one or two once in a while if I can get away with it, which isn't often. :devilish:

As I think about it, I've tried more then I thought I had.

Sam Adams: I haven't tried much of theirs, but all we seem to get out here is their regular stuff, and Sam Light. They used to make (still do?) a Honey Porter that I loved. Any of you New Englanders know if they still do?

Leinenkugels (sp?): Heaven forbid I spelled it wrong, but I've not had a beer that they make that I don't like.

Anything made by Miller. Can't stand Budweiser, though they sponsor a heck of a driver in NASCAR. Not thrilled with Kurt Busch taking over the Blue Deuce, but I digress.

Michelob is decent. Mich Golden and Mich Ultra is all I'e tried. I see the new Mich Ultra Amber, which I want to try.

Coors Light is decent too, but towards the bottom of my preferred drinking beers.

Corona with lime. Need I say more? :-p

Summit is a local beer made here in MN. I like some of their stuff, but they tend to lean towards darker beers. I prefer light to medium/amber.

I tried a Jamaican beer, Red Label or Red something, I don't recall. Different, that's for sure.

Another beer I've had, but haven't seen for some time is Red Wolf. T'was over 10 years ago that I had that.

I'll give most anything a go at least once. Tried Guinness, and decided I don't like chewing my beer.

Pabst Blue Ribbon is decent too. Oh, and when I first moved to Minnesota, the girl I was dating at the time, her old man drank Schmit's Beer like it was water. That was/is a beer to get drunk with. No other purpose. Not a beer you drink to enjoy.

I think that covers 'em all for me. :cool:

BigDog said:
I tried a Jamaican beer, Red Label or Red something, I don't recall. Different, that's for sure.
This would be Red Stripe. That is the only beer I had on my honeymoon in Jamaica.

There was also a bar near my house when I was in my early 20's. The bar used to offer just a few types of beers, but decided to expand their offering to always have 100 different beers. Well Red Stripe was not one they wanted to offer anymore so they needed to get rid of it to make room for the rest of the inventory. My buddy and I enjoyed it and would "help them out" by ordering it. They in turn helped us out by only charging us 25 cents per beer. Boy were those good times :LOL:

geebs and BigDog: when HH and I lived in Tampa/St Pete we discovered Red Stripe. Down there it cost about the same as your regular U.S. stuff, but we liked the RS taste better and got it all the time.

Moved to Virginny, where it's considered exotic (I guess) and costs about $8.50 a six-pack.

So I switched to wine. But reading this thread has made me think of re-thinking that approach.........

For me it's Bitburger or bust. It's funny because I lived in Germany for 3 years, and walked past the Bitburger brewery about 20 times. After experiencing the smell that came out of that place I had refused to drink their beer. It was worse than any brewery I've ever been to. But now that I'm back in the States I won't drink anything else. I even have my very own Bitburger beer stein! :)

There's a Miller Plant about 10 miles away from me, so I can always smell it as I drive by. I don't mind it at all - reminds me of baking bread. :chef:

Apparently, the beer is manufactured at basement level (or so a longtime employee has told me), but there are big, giant, 3-story high drums for all to see as they pass on the freeway.
They clean the big giant drums with soapy water, and every so often, gallons and gallons of suds will spill out the top.

Everytime it happens, their phone lines are filled with "good samaritans" who are calling to say: 1. You're beer is leaking out! Quick! Stop it! and 2. Since I helped, can I get a few free cases?:cool:
You also can see people who've stopped on the side of the freeway, taking pictures with their cell phones. And they wonder why Los Angeles has such a traffic problem...:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom