Who Likes Beer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish I liked beer, just can't seem to tolerate the taste. It looks refreshing though on the commercials

I wish I liked beer, just can't seem to tolerate the taste. It looks refreshing though on the commercials

That post calls for a Winston Churchill quote.

Most people hate the taste of beer to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.
- Winston Churchill

I don't drink, but once in a while, I like the Sex on the Beach, and Long Islands. My husband will drinka Corona with two limes once in a looooong while. If there is Corona in the fridge, I'll use it to marinade some chicken. That's yummy right there.

i too like corona with lime. however last time i bought it , was very expensive. i got some rolling rock brand instead. very nice beer, very cold, could add lime i guess i was just out.

I am not a beer drinker, per se, but I do like a nice cold Belgian white beer. It does not have the robust full bodied after taste I find in beers like Bud. I also like the German "bock" beer; I don't know why. The two beers are as different as a boat and cat..

I love beer. I love beer so much that I even love cheap beer. So much that I brew my own on occasion. So much that I subscribe to Draft magazine.

Have I mentioned that I like beer? Oh, and beer too!

pretty much a confirmed beer drinker and brewer here---making beer is cooking for sure--of course like kentucky whiskeys alot too--some vodkas are down rite tasty also--guess I like alcohol in most forms<lol> cigars too
buzz

I love beer so much that my ringback tone on my cell phone is Tom T. Hall's "I Like Beer".

I brew my own and developed a distaste (or is it a non-taste) for the big mass brewery light beer. Sam Adams Light is a different story.

I also make my own hard apple cider.

Oly

I don't drink myself but my husband and his golf buds only drink Shiner Bock. It's made in Texas, don't know if they ship out or not. He also went diving off the coast of Indonesia and got hooked on Bin Tang beer. I can say for sure, they don't ship out. If they did, we'd have a fridge full, lol!!

What exactly does the "best before" date on a bottle mean, exactly?

My local liquor store, which is really not in an area well traveled so I don't imagine their stock moves that quickly, has three times now sold me a bottle six months past its "BBD".

:wacko:

"Best Before" was established mainly as a marketing strategy to show the beer was fresh. Beer does not age well like a scotch or a bourbon. The sad fact is that most beers that display this "Born On" or "Best Before" date are hardly worth drinking. Sort of like needing a label that changes color so you know the label is cold.

If you ever get a chance to look at a Makers Mark bourbon bottle, check out the nicks in the side of the label. From these nicks they can tell what batch etc the actual whisky came from. Pretty cool.

The sad fact is that most beers that display this "Born On" or "Best Before" date are hardly worth drinking. Sort of like needing a label that changes color so you know the label is cold.

It was on a Fat Tire and also a St Paulies. And they were both Best Before December 08, two different occurrences.

Also, what about beer stored on the shelf in markets...not the cooler with or without exceeding the "BBD"?

Now, most beers use this tactic as they feel the need to keep up with trends developed by competitors and their marketers. I think it bites them all the butt as a store is not going to send back a pallet of St Paulies because people think its old. Also, if bought, people who check the date and see it expired may have a poor feeling going into the experience of using such a product. In fact they have been drinking beer that was just as old in the past they just did not know it. Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom