"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Alcoholic Drinks

Old 01-27-2009, 01:47 AM   #321
Assistant Cook

A reason to drink cheap, light beers that aren't particularly good, that need lime, orange, salt, or other additives to make them drinkable...

Going to spend 12 hours in a pool hall, you know the manager, and he gives you a 50% discount on the pitchers if you get rid of some of the poor selling cheap beer (on top of free pool).... when you're low on cash.

If I had all the money in the world, I'd drink real, good black&tan's... or make sure the bar is stocked with a few good meads. (mmmmmm.... mulled mead)

Old 01-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #322
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnelly View Post
Beer is like wine, I can alway find the right flavor for the mood I'm in. My friends like beer too, so I alway have the cheap stuff around for them.
I've slap slap slap been drinking more wine than beer lately. It's cheaper slap slap slap, and I'm not left bloated slap slap slap.

Lately I've been favoring a bottle of Sauv Blanc, Rose Chablis and a Cab Sauv.

Last night, much wine was needed, so I grabbed my new bottle of Sauv Blanc and what did I see......no wine bottle opener!!!!!! Oh the Horrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrror!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #323
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWishbringer View Post
A reason to drink cheap, light beers that aren't particularly good, that need lime, orange, salt, or other additives to make them drinkable...

Going to spend 12 hours in a pool hall, you know the manager, and he gives you a 50% discount on the pitchers if you get rid of some of the poor selling cheap beer (on top of free pool).... when you're low on cash.
Oh definitely. This is when I, personally, will do Tecate's or Coronas. I don't drink domestics. If Budweiser was the only thing around, I wouldn't drink. If Budlight was an option, I might. But I wouldn't be happy about it, as I burped and farted my way to the toilet.

Quote:
If I had all the money in the world, I'd drink real, good black&tan's...
and I'd be right there by your side.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:03 PM   #324
Sous Chef

Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale has to be one of my old favorites. Everything I have tried by Samuel Smith was great!!!
Old 01-27-2009, 02:07 PM   #325
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty7887 View Post
Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale has to be one of my old favorites. Everything I have tried by Samuel Smith was great!!!
I love Samuel Smith beers!!!
Old 01-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #326
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
I love Samuel Smith beers!!!
I had this place I used to frequent in Portland Maine called Raoul's Roadside Attraction. The caried tons of beer and you could get a passport and drink your way through the planet you get a tee-shirt (expensive yes) but when I got to the beers of GB I found SS to be one of the best I have ever had. BTW I never got the tee-shirt but I did have some interesting beer. They also had darts, pool and some off the wall live performers. The place was a true raodhouse.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:37 PM   #327
Chief Eating Officer

Sounds like a fun place Lefty!
Old 01-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #328
Assistant Cook

There's a place here in Tampa that does 'Drink 99 different beers in 90 nights to go around the world."... finishing in time (90 days) and you get your name added to their board.

Do this 9 times, and you get your name engraved on a bar stool, and bar rules are you own that stool. This means if you come in, and its busy and standing room only, you can walk over, and tell the person to get out of your seat. The managers and bartenders will enforce it. (A buddy of mine asked for his seat from someone, and they refused... then the guy got angry when the manager told him to give up the seat... resulted in the angry drunk being trespassed off the property)
Old 01-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #329
Chief Eating Officer

That is kind of cool, but if it were me who was asked to vacate the seat that would be the last time I ever went to that place.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:18 PM   #330
Assistant Cook

If someone came in and asked to swap you seats, pointing their name out, and told you about the way they do their 'around the world' for board and seat, you'd never come back? The place is very infrequently full, usually only during dart league nights (and then the visitors like to drag bar stools over to the dart boards... doubles as a way to get bar stools back to the bar)

The only time it really gets hairy is the rare instance of the belligerent drunk like my friend ran into.