Who Likes Beer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the Kitchen said:
Has anyone tried Bottingtons Ale? When I read this thread I went to the store and looked for something imported since all the beer here must not taste good. I tried this Bottingtons Ale and find it very good. If anyone has given it a try, I would appreciate your opinion. Just to know if I like something others do. It was on sale. Does this mean it is getting old and I should drink it fast? I have been drinking a beer with my meals and find it makes the food taste better or is it because the beer makes me think it is better? Thanks

A close second for me to Guinness. I love the creaminess of Boddingtons.

I had a great White bear the other night, bought at Whole Foods, now I can't remember the darned name...it was all Belgium though, very nice.

I love beer!!!!!!!! I just picked up a 12 pack of Pilsner Urquell. 'Tis good stuff!

:)

good choice for a light colored beer(not a "light beer"). I do love the darker stuff. If you really want to take a hit--try Three Philosophers.... Great flavor, huge power.

Love beer & ale, especially the darker, bittersweet stuff. I'm a black-n-tan kind of girl.

Mass-produced Favorites:

Bass
Guiness
Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale
Pyramid Apricot Ale
Sea Dog Blueberry Wheat Beer

I've had some very delicious microbrews at the Northampton Brewery in western MA. Love their pale ale.

I seem to recall liking Blackened Voodoo Lager and Magic Hat's Fat Angel APA, among others...But it's been a long while since I went through my serious Experimental Beer Phase, and lately I just stick with my easy-to-find favorites.

I'm much more into wine these days.

I just did a story on 'Innis & Gunn" in Edinburgh Scotland. They make the most incredible oak aged beer; my new favourite!
The beer was originaly made to "flavour" the oak casks, then dumped down the drain before the casks were filled with whisky. The owners realised that the guys on the shop floor were taking the beer home instead of dumping it all... and it was born.

look for the story on my website in the next two weeks. (there is even a bunch of guys in kilts, if you like that sort of thing).

G.

Last edited:
Stone Brewing does an Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale variation of their standard Arrogant. It's purty fine. They're actually bottling it in 12 oz. bottles now. It used to just be a 3 liter concoction.

I'm not a big beer drinker. It's just not my thing, usually. But I love Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat. My brother and I tried it together and both of us, after the first sip, said that it reminded us of Fruity Pebbles cereal.

Has anyone tried Bottingtons Ale? When I read this thread I went to the store and looked for something imported since all the beer here must not taste good. I tried this Bottingtons Ale and find it very good. If anyone has given it a try, I would appreciate your opinion. Just to know if I like something others do. It was on sale. Does this mean it is getting old and I should drink it fast? I have been drinking a beer with my meals and find it makes the food taste better or is it because the beer makes me think it is better? Thanks
I had my first Boddingtons Pub Ale in Dolserau Hall outside Dolgellau, Wales. The inn keeper apologized to me for being out of Guinness and offered up the Boddingtons as a substitute. I've been a fan of it ever since.

Exercise

Enjoy. My friend called me and said after he exercises he enjoys a beer. Don't you think he is defeating his purpose by drinking a beer after he just gets through exercising? He tells me beer is good for a person. Is he right?

Enjoy. My friend called me and said after he exercises he enjoys a beer. Don't you think he is defeating his purpose by drinking a beer after he just gets through exercising? He tells me beer is good for a person. Is he right?

He's not making it up...

FOXNews.com - Beer After Exercise May Be Better Than Water, Study Finds - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News :ohmy:
Having a beer after exercise could do you more good than drinking water, a new study suggests.

I now return you to my regularly scheduled lurking.... :-p

OK, a mixed drink made with beer!!!

Ever eat a Dreamscicle?? the orange flavored ice with the vanilla ice cream in the middle??

How about a drink that tastes very much like that....

6 Oz cold light beer, 4 Oz cold orange juice, 1 shot vanilla schnapps. pour ingredients in a tall glass over ice. Place your hand over the top of the glass and slam against the bar making it foam a bit... Rich creamy orange/vanilla flavor.

He's not making it up...

FOXNews.com - Beer After Exercise May Be Better Than Water, Study Finds - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News :ohmy:
Having a beer after exercise could do you more good than drinking water, a new study suggests.

I now return you to my regularly scheduled lurking.... :-p

This site is like a personal gift to me. Thank you ronjohn55. All I have to do is make a comment and how quickly I receive the response. Wish I could only be as accommodating.

I will see my friend soon and will surely let him read your comments. Isn't this interesting? Maybe he is doing okay drinking beer after exercise! Being BETTER than water is what surprises me.

Thanks for your response rj55. You sure keep me up to date. Keep on keeping me informed, appreciate it.

Ooh, I just tried a new beer that I quite like last night. It's a locally-made homebrew made at a local restaurant called the Lafayette Brewing Company. It's their Black Angus Oatmeal Stout. Tastes a lot like Guinness or Murphy's, but lighter, fruitier. Not as hoppy, and without that awful, metallic aftertaste that Guinness has.

Saranac has a Pomegranate wheat beer limited edition that I tried recently.
I'm not a big wheat beer fan, but this was quite tasty!

I love beer

I must say beer is my favorite alchohol drink, but I won't drink any old beer. I don't like standard lagers. They're like drinking nothing. I love a good stout, or wheat beers or IPA and microbrewry beer is the best. But for a mixed drink take a dark beer, a stout or something and add a shot of vanilla vodka! Very tasty. Just so you don't think me a big drinking gal, just know I probably have 2 beer a month, but I'll pass on those if they're not good beers. somebody offers me a Bud or Coors, I'd soon have water.

I consume large quantum amounts of heavy english ale ,german or irish stout ,,not to mention boiling polish or beef sausage.Beer cheese,beer marinades,Etc.Micro's have just added to the broad pallet.Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom