Who Likes Beer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like to drink almost any kind of beef, except the high gravity stuff. I like low alcohol content, I don't like to get drunk but I like the taste of beer. It's good, my new favorite thing is Smithwicks. And then we have a microbrewery nearby that I used to even work at, and they have an awesome strawberry ale.

I don't drink much beer but when i do I like Trader Joe's Vintage Ale. It's great with grilled hamburgers.

Av

I tried the most interesting ale this week. I got it on tap at Joe's Crab Shack. It's a seasonal beer: Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale. The blip in the drink menu described it as using "caramel malt hops" and vanilla bean. The first sip tasted medium-bodied, very sweet, slightly fruity, but nothing special. Drinkable but nothing to write home about. Then the finish hit me, and it was exactly like toasted almonds. So strange, but very enjoyable.

Last edited:
I like about every Sam Adam's. Except the Cranberry Lambic. I can't tell you what I think it tastes like. Well I could, but you don't want to hear it.

We also bought Moose Drool once. That was good. Imangine that. Cranberry tasted like Moose Drool. Moose Drool tasted like good beer!

I only like michelob beers- light, ultra & regular. Tried Bud once, didnt like it but loved the old B&W ads with the bud horse hitch.:)

Never did like beer.

Now Ronjohn on the otherhand...

woohoo-drkbg.gif

She likes me! Middie likes me!!

What? She was talking about me liking beer, not about me? :(

:-p

budweiser

Recently Budwiser/Bud Light was bought out by a Belgian company. Anybody think the taste is going to be overhauled??

Recently Budwiser/Bud Light was bought out by a Belgian company. Anybody think the taste is going to be overhauled??

Unlikely. Anheiser Busch is selling the whole thing, more than just Bud/Bud Light. This is more of an economy of scale thing, with the resulting company become the largest brewer in the world.

Now because of hop shortages and grain prices increasing... something like that I could see bringing about a possible change in the recipe, but even then I would expect that the effect on the taste would be nearly imperceptible.

A-B's brewers are some of the best, and most consistent brewers on the planet. Getting something to come out with the same flavor, over and over through different batches and seasons is no easy feat. (And I'm not even a big fan of Budweiser beer)

I have never really been a beer drinker til I tasted my now two favorite beers. The German Hefweizen and Negro Modeno from Mexico. Both of these beers are delicious. The Hefweizen is superb with a slice of lemon. I just don't like domestic beers.

We have a new micro brewery!!! The second one in town. The first--I think is a chain and they have terrible beer.

The one downtown Kokomo has fantastic beer. I would put their stout up against any!! A couple of their beers just one some major medals and they weren't just up against local beers. These were BIG competitions..

It's not a done deal yet. Some are still keeping their fingers crossed that this American Icon can stay American. If it doesn't, I'll no longer buy any Bud product. And they didn't exactly sell, InBev did a hostile take over, big difference.

It's not a done deal yet. Some are still keeping their fingers crossed that this American Icon can stay American. If it doesn't, I'll no longer buy any Bud product. And they didn't exactly sell, InBev did a hostile take over, big difference.

A-B's board agreed to terms of a buyout. And it turns out there was at least one member of the Busch family supporting InBev's offer. He went so far as to write a letter to the A-B board of directors.

As for Budweiser being an American Icon... well, yes. But they are also widely despised in the beer snob community for being one of the main reasons that America became a "beer wasteland" for many years.

I was very surprised at even them being taken over in the first place. I think they've been trying to stay independent for a while too. InBev has been trying to takeover for a while now.

A-B's board agreed to terms of a buyout. And it turns out there was at least one member of the Busch family supporting InBev's offer. He went so far as to write a letter to the A-B board of directors.

As for Budweiser being an American Icon... well, yes. But they are also widely despised in the beer snob community for being one of the main reasons that America became a "beer wasteland" for many years.

Yeah kind that goes hand and hand in sporting events.

Personally.. can't stand Budweiser, terrible beer. Now they do make Stella Artois... that's a descent beer...

The Michelobs are OK.. just not my favs.

You know people continually complain about companies being bought out. What they should do is look at the banks.. The UK owns a lot of the US!!

You know people continually complain about companies being bought out. What they should do is look at the banks.. The UK owns a lot of the US!!

I don't use a bank. I don't care who owns them. I care about a company that has been part of American history for over 100 years.

All that has happened is still rumor. The reason they "agreed" to the buyout was because a truly hostile take over, which was happening, would have destroyed the entire company.

My opinion of A-B (as you call it) has little to do with their beer and more for what they've done in regards to helping build this country and other things they do. They own Sea World and are a world leader in conservation. Did you know that?

I'm a redneck. Beer snobs can go to their microbreweries, I have no place for them in my real world circle of friends.

Back
Top Bottom