Who Likes Beer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sydfan

Senior Cook
I love beer!!!!!!!! I just picked up a 12 pack of Pilsner Urquell. 'Tis good stuff!

:)

I work in a wine/beer shop - we have the largest selection of beer in one place in the state of North Carolina - - - - - - and I don't like beer :sick: I like cider as long as it's not too sweet. I'm old enough to have acquired a taste for it if I was ever going to. I REALLY wish I did like it.

I love beer! I used to like all kinds, but since I've gotten older, I don't care so much for the heavier beers, and stick to my Bud or Miller Lite beers.
I wouldn't turn down a Heineken, though.

I wish I liked beer too. It's cheaper and easier to come by. I like the Kahlua vanilla white russians.

I love beer. I used to drink Guinness like water but I've been staying away from it lately. If you ever come out to the West Coast (or if you're on the West Coast) there's a bunch of microbreweries/ale houses that any beer fans should try. All of them serve flights of beer where they give you 4-6 oz. pours of their featured beers. Some good ones are:

Pyramid
Widmer Bros.
Deshutz
Rogue
Anchor
Mendocino Brew. Co.
Granville Island Brew. Co.
Full Sail

Beer is not my favorite but I do like a Corona now and then. I'd much rather have a Tequila sunrise or kaluha and cream.

pdswife said:
Beer is not my favorite but I do like a Corona now and then. I'd much rather have a Tequila sunrise or kaluha and cream.
Pds,
you like kaluha and cream?? I don't drink but now and then, I really love a kaluha and cream...My favorite of all.

kadesma:)

Texas, if they are anything like the Black Russians, I think I'll stay away, thank you.
The last time I had one, when I was 19 years old, I was at a party in a house on Lake Dallas. I remember eating Floating Island, then drinking a Black Russian. The next thing I knew, I woke up on the deck of a yacht on the lake and the sun was coming up. Thankfully, I still had all my clothes on. :wacko:

I like to cook with it, especially on tough beef cuts like stew meats for chili and fajitas on the grill. I could drink an occasional beer but prefer wine over it.

mudbug said:
reminds me of that Tom T. Hall song....

"I like beer
It makes me a jolly good fellow"
I thought about that when I saw this thread.
Beer is good, when I'm in the mood.
I was thinking about this tune also:
"It’s late and she is waiting, and I know I must go home,
But every time I start to leave, they play another song,
Then someone buys another round and whatever drinks are free,
What made milwaukee famous has made a loser out of me.

Baby’s begged me not to go, so many times before,
She said love and happiness can’t live behind those swingin’ doors,
Now she’s gone and I’m to blame, too late I finally see,

Baby’s begged me not to go, so many times before,
She said love and happiness can’t live behind those swingin’ doors,
Now she’s gone and I’m to blame, too late I finally see,

What made milwaukee famous has made a loser out of me,
What made milwaukee famous has made a loser out of me. "

The older I get the more I enjoy a good beer.
Microbreweries really do have some winners, and I've found a few beers out there that could make beer lovers out of nearly anyone. Case en pointe, mandarin hefeweisen. tasty. Or (all real beer drinkers, cover your eyes!) you could pull a jkath and mix your drink: 1/2 fresh, homemade lemonade and 1/2 beer.

Hey! Where's ronjohn? He's the godfather of beer around here.....

homer_simpson_beer.gif

The only beer I like is Belgian beer, like Achel. They also make some delicious fruit beers, like Mirabel de Troch (fermented with plums) and Fraise de Troch (fermented with strawberries)

kitchenelf said:
I work in a wine/beer shop - .

often one of the first things a perfect woman says... :)

umm, i've been known to tip a few.

and yeah, where's don ronjohn, godfather o' the suds?

Wow I need to try the 1/2 lemonade/ 1/2 beer.

That's traditionally called a shandy. They are great for the morning after when you need to get back on the beer bandwagon for 'recovery' (ahhh living on campus, there are moments when I miss you).

Back
Top Bottom