Who Likes Beer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe now that the Belgians have Budweiser they´ll actually produce a beer I can stomach! Of course my dad did find the best beer to cook sausage in is, in fact, Budweiser. Doesnt leave the meat as bitter as others might. I do agree that those are some tasty sausages...

Maybe now that the Belgians have Budweiser they´ll actually produce a beer I can stomach! Of course my dad did find the best beer to cook sausage in is, in fact, Budweiser. Doesnt leave the meat as bitter as others might. I do agree that those are some tasty sausages...
I only drink Bud when I'm in one of two places, Sea World and the NASCAR track. Other than that I'll do Mich Ultra Amber, but not Bud or Bud Lite.

It's completely relevant to the conversation.

thanks, I am personally interested in what the public has to say about this beer baron. all my life I have heard about Anheuser Busch, then started working there when Mr Busch Jr was in charge and everything I had heard was so true. I count my blessings. At that time, Mr Busch always stressed that customers were the most important asset company had. He was of the school, 'customers were always right' regardless of what he himself thought. T hat man was certainly the king of bosses. Once you knew him and had opportunity to work for the company, you surely considered yourself blessed. Gave it all up to have family. Finding out that someone else is in charge I am thankful I made the decision I did.

Thanks for allowing me to make this comment on Mr. Busch, Jr. He was a real family type of man. I am sorry to say I don't feel those days will ever be experienced again. Only my opinion.

thanks, I am personally interested in what the public has to say about this beer baron. all my life I have heard about Anheuser Busch, then started working there when Mr Busch Jr was in charge and everything I had heard was so true. I count my blessings. At that time, Mr Busch always stressed that customers were the most important asset company had. He was of the school, 'customers were always right' regardless of what he himself thought. T hat man was certainly the king of bosses. Once you knew him and had opportunity to work for the company, you surely considered yourself blessed. Gave it all up to have family. Finding out that someone else is in charge I am thankful I made the decision I did.

Thanks for allowing me to make this comment on Mr. Busch, Jr. He was a real family type of man. I am sorry to say I don't feel those days will ever be experienced again. Only my opinion.
When you say Busch Jr do you mean Auggie III ir Auggie IV? I've met both and have a very good friend who is extremely well acquainted with IV. Or do you go back even further than III?

Back FURTHER! I was employed up until 1972 when I had first child. Busch IV do you think he is good businessman? All information about him is he is playboy. Do you know Busch IV assistant?

If anyone interested, CNBC will have special tonight around 8 pm and 11pm regarding the history of Anheuser Busch.

When you say Busch Jr do you mean Auggie III ir Auggie IV? I've met both and have a very good friend who is extremely well acquainted with IV. Or do you go back even further than III?

How well do you know Busch IV? No wonder you have interest in this brand of beer. The time I was working there, we could go down the hall to a tap in a beer stube and drink it at our desks. No more!

Back FURTHER! I was employed up until 1972 when I had first child. Busch IV do you think he is good businessman? All information about him is he is playboy. Do you know Busch IV assistant?
No, to the assistant. I know a manager at Sea World. He is a total player and he's basically what I attribute this take over situation to. If he had been a family man, like his father and grandfather, I think he would have run the business better. His morals and ethics are just "different" because of the silver spoon he's had all his life and the fact that he isn't settled.

You do go way back. That's amazing.

How well do you know Busch IV? No wonder you have interest in this brand of beer. The time I was working there, we could go down the hall to a tap in a beer stube and drink it at our desks. No more!
Mine was a passing aquaintance. It was basically that I was visiting Sea World so much that I got to meet him a few times because it seemed every time he was there, so were we. Auggie III was definitely nicer and would tease people about how they liked their beer poured with no foam. He would pour at the hospitality tent and require you accept a 1" head of foam. He really was fun to patrons but employees were scared of him.

Last edited:
Well, when I first started working there, Mr. Busch, JR was coming down the hall and everyone knew it and started showing their excitement. Was certainly obvious like the Pope was in the building. Anyway, he came by where I was standing and one the guys introduced me as new employee He shook my hand and made me feel important. Next time I saw him I thought he surely would not remember me! AS he passed he said good morning Jan and i almost fell through the floor. Never has anyone impressed me as he did. He had character, respect, and definitely expected you to do the same.

His son however, Busch III had to work in the brewery when he first start ed as his father wanted him to learn some background work before he took over job in office. I think this was good idea but really no one who worked with him when he first started had no idea he was Busch's son. Most were shocked after they found out. Now Busch IV was put in important job right away. Busch assistant is my nephew through marriage. I just wonder what will happen to his job now that Busch has been put in different position. I really just always t ook for granted that AB would be here forever. I know most of the people are worried about their jobs now for sure. Nothing definite anymore. Way our government wants it.

Thanks for the response, I was worried you thought I was crazy or something.

Well, when I first started working there, Mr. Busch, JR was coming down the hall and everyone knew it and started showing their excitement. Was certainly obvious like the Pope was in the building. Anyway, he came by where I was standing and one the guys introduced me as new employee He shook my hand and made me feel important. Next time I saw him I thought he surely would not remember me! AS he passed he said good morning Jan and i almost fell through the floor. Never has anyone impressed me as he did. He had character, respect, and definitely expected you to do the same.

His son however, Busch III had to work in the brewery when he first start ed as his father wanted him to learn some background work before he took over job in office. I think this was good idea but really no one who worked with him when he first started had no idea he was Busch's son. Most were shocked after they found out. Now Busch IV was put in important job right away. Busch assistant is my nephew through marriage. I just wonder what will happen to his job now that Busch has been put in different position. I really just always t ook for granted that AB would be here forever. I know most of the people are worried about their jobs now for sure. Nothing definite anymore. Way our government wants it.
Exactly, hence the silver spoon comment. IV got it all handed to him and he is so responsible for the company being pee'd away. Auggie III wasn't a bad guy, his son was not raised well.

You're right about the jobs thing. My friends at SW are crazy nervous as well as their spouses at AB San Diego.

And, no, I never thought you were crazy.

Anyone like any of the 3 Floyds brands? They're local... so I should like them, but I have yet to try one that really gets me.

Goose Island on the other hand. Yummers.

so many people posted 'bud,coors.corona,hieny,' ugh. no wonder more people don't like beer when their first ones are always some cheap skunky nasty mass produced disaster.
This statement really makes no sense. The people that posted Bud, Coors, Corona, etc. said that they like them, not that they don't.

lol. there is something near 3000 breweries in the U.S. For me all of the domestic big company beers are all just nasty. Occasionally as a party beer, they are passable, but otherwise... yuck. There are way to many good beers out there for me. IMHO it's akin to going to McDonalds and expecting filet mignon. Most people who dislike beer that I know all say the same thing, they tried one of these mass produced cheap-o beers and hated it. Now they are convinced that they hate beer. ;-) make better sense? If not I'll go buy a nice six pack and try again later :LOL:

Your statement still does not make sense to me though. You stated that so many people posted bud, coors, etc and then went on in the same breath to say that is the reason so many people say they do not like beer. That is not the case though. Those people who said coors, bud, etc said they did like those beers.

Do not millions and millions of people buy and enjoy bud each year? There are obviously a LARGE amount of people drinking it and enjoying it. These mass produced beers outsell the micro brews many times over. Obviously there are plenty of people who must enjoy those beers. I am not one. I like the small brewery micro brews myself, but More people than not enjoy and continue to but the buds and coors out there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom