Wine and health

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wine

Does wine affect blood pressure? I am reluctant to ask my doctor. He has told me already th at exercise is not really good for the joints. I have asked him about vitamins and he said to just get multi vitamin over the counter. He seems so impersonal about many things and I don't really agree with everything he says. I am asking you people as I feel you are more knowledgeable than my doctor. I never thought I would think this way. Wonder where all the 'country doctors' went to? Thanks I also like wine when preparing meals. Sure puts me in better mood.

No offence to anyone in here, but if a bunch of food lovers are more knowledgeable than your doctor, i'd get a new doctor.

Plan

I am on certain 'plan' that have to use doctors they suggest otherwise you pay the price. I don't know how this happened. Used to go to someone I knew and liked. I understand why you say this so I appreciate the comment. I don't get a choice. I am only grateful someone checks my blood pressure.

AlexR said:
Ironchef,

Bordeaux second best? Surely you jest:neutral: !

Do you know what people say here.
Le bourgogne ? Bien entendu, il faut absolument en avoir dans sa cave. Avec quoi d'autre voulez-vous faire un boeuf bouguignon ?

In fact, I agree that they do make good wines in Burgundy. Some ****ed good ones. The problem is that Burgundy is a minefield. Finding those good wines is like looking for the holy grail.
I would only get involved if I lived in or near the region.

The paradox is that inexpensive Burgundy is frequently terrible. Inexpensive Bordeaux is unquestionably better.
However, the greatest Burgundy is significantly less expensive than the greatest Bordeaux. Now, if only it were as reliable I might be converted!

Best regards,
Alex R.

It's all about the terrior.

I do love a good Bordeaux. But there's just something I like better about a good Bourgogne. And like you said, I won't have to drop 5 g's on a great Burgundy.

i was just joking, i totally understand. I believe all alcohol can raise blood pressure in excess, 1 a day is recommended by most medical professionals. The thing with excercise, i would rather be in better health like heart and other important things instead of worrying about the joints, there is a lot of low impact excescises. I hope everything between you and your DR. go well in the future.

thanks

Chef_Jimmy said:
Thanks: The brand is Hayman & Hill, it is made by the wine maker from Blackstone winery. He sets aside the very best grapes he finds and makes this line it is like a "wine makers select". We started with the cabernet sauvignon and we loved it, so we tried to pinot noir and then the zinfandel and merlot. All are incredible for 15 a bottle. We have yet to try the chardonnay, but i have no doubt. I am really hooked, in fact, last time we got the zin and poured it so nobody would know the brand because we didn't want anyone to be partial to the brand we had come to love. I am very impressed. For the price, you can't go wrong.:clap:

thanks for the specific name of wine you prefer. Going to the store and taking time to examine the whole line of different wines is so time consuming. This way I go to that department with specific name. Will let you know if i agree with you about this brand. Hope so.

No Luck

Chef_Jimmy said:
Thanks: The brand is Hayman & Hill, it is made by the wine maker from Blackstone winery. He sets aside the very best grapes he finds and makes this line it is like a "wine makers select". We started with the cabernet sauvignon and we loved it, so we tried to pinot noir and then the zinfandel and merlot. All are incredible for 15 a bottle. We have yet to try the chardonnay, but i have no doubt. I am really hooked, in fact, last time we got the zin and poured it so nobody would know the brand because we didn't want anyone to be partial to the brand we had come to love. I am very impressed. For the price, you can't go wrong.:clap:

Especially asked the buyer in store I shop about this brand. He suggested go to store that only carries liqour. Do you know if sold in US?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom