Wine help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ironchef said:
I like the Eroica because it has a lot more depth in flavor. But the Johannisberg is not a bad bottle either. You can pick it up at most place for $9-12 which is a really good deal. I think you'll like the Eroica. It goes very well with most Asian foods and lighter, citrus based Mediterranean foods.

Finally found the Eroica is and will try it later today. It's chilling in the fridge right now. BTW, I can get the Jo-berg for less at Costco, when they have it on hand.

OK, iron chef, I'm drinking it now

I don't have the vocabulary (or sophisticated nose) that wine reviewers have, but this Eroica does have a "nice" flavor for a white. Wish I had a bottle of the Jo-berg to compare.

However, I must say that at almost $20 per bottle I will not be buying cases of this stuff. Goes down smooth, though!

mudbug said:
I don't have the vocabulary (or sophisticated nose) that wine reviewers have, but this Eroica does have a "nice" flavor for a white. Wish I had a bottle of the Jo-berg to compare.

However, I must say that at almost $20 per bottle I will not be buying cases of this stuff. Goes down smooth, though!

Yeah, it's not one the cheaper domestic rieslings but I'm glad you liked it.

If you like r-e-a-l-l-y sweet wines try a botrytis wine. They usually come in half bottles and they are super sweet almost syrupy. Really the sort of thing you have with desert in a small glass though....

I'd recommend some but cant remember the names...my problem with wine is I know what I like but I don't know what is good.

I seem to remember Lambrusco was pretty sweet. The Baniff wines if I remember correctly. They are too sweet for me now.

Reasonably priced too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom