Wine Labels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Who else gets mesmerized in the wine isles looking at the labels and reading the backs of them. When I went up to MI for Thanksgiving I decided you know what I'm just going to pick one that brings a smile to my face and its my plan to do that in different areas that I travel to. Well guess what it says on my first bottle thats the beginning of my collection...........Fat Bastxxx...........:LOL:. It'll def. be a conversation piece. I'm just shocked they would put that on a label......thats why I bought it. I guess is a term the Brits say in reference to a full bodied red wine. Wonder what they call a dry white wine :whistling

:ROFLMAO: I think water just came out of my nose. No, Sizz. Haven't come across that label in So. California. I wanted to make a joke about the Napa Valley and Sutter's, but I'm laughing so hard, I have to stop typing.

I've had Fat Bastard Chard'. Not Oaky, kind of OK not worth the 12-13 bucks.

Based on that I've not tried any thing else I've found of theirs.

:LOL: Robt.....I don't plan on drinking it............its just for display. Its more for shock value..........like I was. Its a Shiraz and I haven't a clue what that is but obviously its a full bodied red wine.:) I'm off to check out that site Ishbel and see what other names they've come up with.....thanks!

I have had it before. I paid about $10 and just like you I bought it because of the label. We brought it with us to a friends house who we knew would get a kick out of it. The wine was decent. Nothing special, but certainly not bad.

Ishbel.....thanks so much for the site addy. I'd planned on searching to see if they had one but never got around to it. Its a wonderful site. I was especially thrilled to see that they had an area that focused on unusual labels.........I loved it. Its amazing all the unusual labels out there. I can't wait to go somewhere else on vacation to search.
If you like labels too..........go check out the site.

There is a wonderful Italian wine store, just next to the Duomo in Florence which is PAPERED with the vineyard labels, dating back (I think) to the end of the 1800s... wonderful place just to browse the walls!

Now you can go back and check for another label... called Royal B*tch. A friend of my bf gave him a bottle of FB, and the next time I was buying wine I found the RB! Had to buy it too, just for the laugh. Now they hang in the wine rack for show!
Like others said, the FB isn't great, but not horrible either. Have a great day!
June

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom