You're drinking a glass of wine, it's midnight, you get hungry, what do you eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tend to snack on things like nuts, or trail mix. Sometimes a bowl of cereal as a late night snack if I'm looking for a bit more but not in the mood for cooking or leftovers.

Hmm, wine. I didn't register that part of the question. I think the nuts are still an option, maybe even the trail mix, but nevermind the cereal.

Though personally I don't tend to drink wine much at home, so I can't really claim that this is what I eat with it.

I would REALLY enjoy thin sliced salami, provolone, some ritz crackers, and a little mayo or mustard on the side..........and, another glass of wine!

A sweet, but dry Spanish white wine...GREAT FOR SANGRIA!!!!!!but not at midnight, don't wanna wake the neighbors, unless they are cool.

It can also be red - Rioja is the region. Either/both of these wines are a blend of grapes...often tempranillo is in that blend. Also good for red sangria but like TATT said - not unless you have cool neighbors! :LOL:

This is really bizarre, but if I get the hungries at night I will usually snack on some fish or sushi. I know... it sounds ridiculous, but I don't like how I feel in the morning if I eat something really carbohydrate or energy dense late at night. (sugar hangover, anyone?) It makes me bloated and feel icky. Something light and packed with protein really helps calm the hunger beast and doesn't give me a food hangover the next morning. :)

Plus, I love seafood and sushi so it works for me! I eat sushi for breakfast sometimes. Hehe. I know, i'm weird.

~GB

I'm not a wine expert, but I thought dry meant "not sweet" in wine terms.

I think TATT might mean fruit forward, which shows some sweetness, but, not a sugar sweet like Riesling. You can have a bone dry wine but it still be fruit forward.

I'm going to move this whole thread to the Beverages forum - sub forum alcohol - maybe everyone will be on the same page then :LOL: I edited the title to have the "glass of wine" at the beginning of the title, that may be the problem!.

grumblebee - I eat sushi for breakfast too!!

Last edited:
Cheese would be my choice. Sometimes I will have crackers and even some pepperoni or something like that with the cheese as well.

Of course I will have other things too, whatever is lying around like chips or pretzels or things like that.

At night.. sesame bread sticks. Cruncy, nutty flavor. Great with whites or reds...

Depends on how much wine I've been drinking. If the amount is enough... then I go for whatever is closest / easiest / looks the best (taste-wise).

Maybe not a great pair but I often go for toast with (crunchy) peanut butter as a late-night snack.

Back
Top Bottom