Adagio Tea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I tried a new online tea shop, Adagio Tea. A friend at work recommended them to me when he saw my Teavana teas in my office. He told me that The website looks just like Teavana and they have similar teas, but Adagio has much better prices.

I ordered the almond oolong tea. I got 3 oz in a tin. The price was very reasonable ($6) and was delivered very quickly. I ordered it Friday and got it today (Monday).

I have only brewed one cup so far so to be fair in my review I do need to have a few more cups and figure out exactly how much tea to use and how long to brew it. My initial impression is that the tea has OK flavor, but is a bit on the weak side. I have a similar oolong from Tevana and I use less tea and brew it for less time and the flavor is much stronger than this one so far. With my Teavana oolong I use 1 tsp and brew for about 4 minutes. With the Adagio I used 1.5 tsp and brewed for 5 minutes. Next time I will use 2 tsp and see how that goes.

The tin they give you is very nice and reusable. The only issue I have with it is that the lid is clear. Light is an enemy of tea so I would have preferred a non-clear lid, but that is a minor concern. It will be easy enough to put a piece of dark paper in the lid or keep the whole thing in a dark cabinet.

One thing I really like about their website is that they have forums and review. You are able to see what other people think about the particular teas before you try them so you are not just going in blind. Kind of cool.

If you are interested in trying their tea, drop me a PM. I will be able to get you a $5 gift certificate to give them a try.

Last edited:
I tried a new online tea shop, Adagio Tea. A friend at work recommended them to me when he saw my Teavana teas in my office. He told me that The website looks just like Teavana and they have similar teas, but Adagio has much better prices.

I put in an order online, but then changed my mind for some reason. A few days later I got an email from Adagio saying they saw I started an order, but backed out so they were giving me a $5 gift certificate to give them a try. That is a pretty smart move on their part IMO. I instantly redeemed it and got 3 ounces of their almond oolong tea in a nice tin. The tea with tin was $6 so with tax and shipping I spent less than $5. The tea came very quickly too. I think I ordered it on Friday and it arrived today (Monday).

I have only brewed one cup so far so to be fair in my review I do need to have a few more cups and figure out exactly how much tea to use and how long to brew it. My initial impression is that the tea has OK flavor, but is a bit on the weak side. I have a similar oolong from Tevana and I use less tea and brew it for less time and the flavor is much stronger than this one so far. With my Teavana oolong I use 1 tsp and brew for about 4 minutes. With the Adagio I used 1.5 tsp and brewed for 5 minutes. Next time I will use 2 tsp and see how that goes.

The tin they give you is very nice and reusable. The only issue I have with it is that the lid is clear. Light is an enemy of tea so I would have preferred a non-clear lid, but that is a minor concern. It will be easy enough to put a piece of dark paper in the lid or keep the whole thing in a dark cabinet.

One thing I really like about their website is that they have forums and review. You are able to see what other people think about the particular teas before you try them so you are not just going in blind. Kind of cool.

I have purchased tea from Adagio as well - love the little tins. I also purchased an electric tea kettle from them last year and they sent me 2-3 little sample tins of tea also - their customer service and approach to selling tea is great.

I also love to get my tea from TeaMerchants.com - Welcome to the online home of TeaGschwendner USA their assam malty No. 5 is wonderful.

OK I have to amend my original review of the tea itself. i have been drinking it at the office today. I used 2 tbs per cup and let it brew for 5 minutes. At home I used sugar, but here in the office I drank it straight with nothing in it. It is MUCH better without anything in it. The sugar was masking the subtle flavors that are there. The tea has a sweetness to it on its own anyway.

I love adagio teas and teavanna ahh you made me miss the states :(. I can not remember the name of the tea I bought from Adagio but it was the best tea I had ever drank, it was a black tea and the best seller. Sorry I can not remember it! Here in Saudi we have a brand named Rabea which sells in the stores and its really good and fresh tasting and CHEAP :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom