Almond "Milk"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
I've been seeing a lot of commercials on tv lately advertising "Almond Milk". Was wondering if anyone has tried it & how they'd describe the flavor.

I love it Breezy. I buy the Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, vanilla unsweetened in the quart box from the grocery shelf. Actually, it's less expensive at Trader Joe's. I like I can keep it on hand in my pantry as long as it's unopened. I've always been a hard core milk drinker, but since being on this diet for the last three months, I've been using this product. It has only 40 calories, and two carbs per 8 oz glass.
I use it for fruit smoothies, on my cereal, in my coffee etc.
The flavor of almonds is very subtle and pleasant, and I really don't miss my milk.

You can print out a dollar off coupon here......
http://www.almondbreeze.com/index.cfm?navid=342

I am hooked on the sweetened Vanilla Almond Milk from Blue Diamond (the one with 90 calories per serving), I get the half gallon in the refrigerated dairy section. I use it mostly instead of milk on my cereal. I eat raisin bran or bran flakes in the morning and this goes so well with it, I no longer have to put sugar on my cereal, this adds just a touch of sweetness.

The 90 calorie Vanilla almond milk has very similar calories and nutrients as skim cow's milk, and tastes a whole lot better to me, it does have 2 grams of fat, but that I don't care, that is a very small amount.

i stagger the milks i purchase, this being a frequent purchase, in that the mildly-sugary vanilla is great.....-
as per me, this consists of is a very, very subdued maraschino flavor-profile.
thin, although thicker than many, if not most, soy or other milks.

I am highly milk intolerant and I am forced to drink an alternative. The best flavor in my opinion is Silk's new almond milk. I like the vanilla and it's nutritional facts are comparable to the Blue Diamond unsweetened vanilla which is a close second in my book. To me, the nutty flavor is more subtle in the Silk version than in the Blue Diamond. I prefer almond milk over soy, hemp, goat or rice milk any day.

I am highly milk intolerant and I am forced to drink an alternative. The best flavor in my opinion is Silk's new almond milk. I like the vanilla and it's nutritional facts are comparable to the Blue Diamond unsweetened vanilla which is a close second in my book. To me, the nutty flavor is more subtle in the Silk version than in the Blue Diamond. I prefer almond milk over soy, hemp, goat or rice milk any day.

See I am just the opposite. I prefer the Blue Diamond for the nutty flavor. I did enjoy the Silk though, I thought that it had a creamier taste, almost more dairy in flavor. I would take either one any day, but being a huge almond lover, I like the Blue Diamond just a bit better.

I do like the Blue Diamond brand of unsweetened almond milk. I love the mildly nutty flavor. It's also great to cook with. Try it with your favorite hot chocolate mix. Little goes better than almonds and chocolate, except maybe raspberries and chocolate.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I am not sure what brand we use, but we like the unsweetened Vanilla. My husband gets it as an alternative to soy. He uses each for different purposes and I cook with the almond quite a bit. I like it to as a refreshing change to regular milk.

Back
Top Bottom