Asian Ginger Tea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wtaylor

Assistant Cook
This recipe makes one cup of delicious Ginger, Cardamom and cinnamon tea. This tea is delicious and very cleansing. The tea is very quick and easy to make at about overall 5 minutes including the preparation.

Ingredients:

- 2-3 thin slices of fresh Ginger
- 3 mixed sized cardamom pods (dried)
- A small amount of cinnamon stick, around 4 cubic centimetres
- Boiling water
- Honey (optional)
- Sugar (optional)

Directions: lightly crush the ingredients (very lightly). Then put ingredients in a small to medium cup and pour the boiling water into the cup with the ingredients. Finally let it steep to taste, adding sugar or honey as you see fit.

Enjoy. I came up with this recipe this morning while i was looking for something different to drink. I am a big fan of asian flavours so i threw together this! hope you like it :)

overall rating: 4/5 quick, easy and delicious.

Thanks for posting. This sounds really good. How do I get ahold of some cardamom pods?

reply :)

if they do not sell them at your local grocery store, then the only place i can think of would be anywhere that sells indian spices or as a last resort, the internet. As far as i know, they are not expensive.

I hope I have helped and I hope you can make the tea soon, in fact i have just treated my mother to a cup as a small mother's day present. she loves it!

happy cooking!

:chef:

Thanks for posting. This sounds really good. How do I get ahold of some cardamom pods?
Any spice shop, or bulk food place may have them. Ethnic grocers like Indian, Middle Eastern.

I have started hitting the ginger tea before bed. I am trying to get my blood pressure down to optimum, and I keep reading that helps do that, along with a host of other benefits. Normally I have just been steeping two tablespoons of grated, fresh ginger root and a bit of honey. I will toss the cardamom and cinnamon in it tonight.

It might depend on where you live. I, myself live in the UK and pretty much every grocery store or supermarket sells cardamom. but if you live in the US you might have to look a little harder! and the cinnamon measurements were meant to be around 4 square centimetres

Thanks. I will look for it. I have never looked, so they may have it where I shop. I just have never used it before and wanted to see if there was some special place I had to go. Thanks so much both of you.

Thanks. I will look for it. I have never looked, so they may have it where I shop. I just have never used it before and wanted to see if there was some special place I had to go. Thanks so much both of you.

I think I saw them at Natural Grocers Chopper, they have a nice bulk selection.

if they do not sell them at your local grocery store, then the only place i can think of would be anywhere that sells indian spices or as a last resort, the internet. As far as i know, they are not expensive.

I hope I have helped and I hope you can make the tea soon, in fact i have just treated my mother to a cup as a small mother's day present. she loves it!

happy cooking!

:chef:
I usually buy cardamom pods at the health food store. No, a small (20-40 gr) package isn't expensive, but cardamom is one of the world's most expensive spices, right up there after saffron and real vanilla.

Back
Top Bottom